Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Comid and Met question...

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I started taking Met this last month along with my clomid days 5-9. So my AF is non existant. I had some light,light pink spotting on day 28 and 29. Just in the morning and now nothing. Im confused. Is the Metformin causing this. I assume I didn't O this month at all. Took 2 hpt yesterday and today. No bleeding but have some cm. Has anyone else had this happen to them. Is it because of the Met? I'm so confused!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jdixon12
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM

BUMP!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

No the Metformin will help, but it take a few months to work. It sounds like you just didn't ovulate. I would call your Dr and ask for prometrium to start AF and move on to the next metformin clomid cycle. Good Luck 

kayleebugsmom32
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Quoting NoraDun:

No the Metformin will help, but it take a few months to work. It sounds like you just didn't ovulate. I would call your Dr and ask for prometrium to start AF and move on to the next metformin clomid cycle. Good Luck 

Thank you!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Were your cycles wacky before metformin & clomid? It took 2.5m for metformin to work enough for me to get AF when I started. I didn't start Clomid until 5m after starting metformin though because my dr wanted it to be 'working' well before we used clomid! Also, if you didn't O then technically AF isn't late. Also if you DID o but on like CD16-20 then it isn't time for AF yet! The spotting could have been IB, maybe you just Oed late. Oing late is common with clomid.

Did you do ANY kind of monitoring, to see when you ovulated? Why do you think you didn't O?

kayleebugsmom32
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Were your cycles wacky before metformin & clomid? It took 2.5m for metformin to work enough for me to get AF when I started. I didn't start Clomid until 5m after starting metformin though because my dr wanted it to be 'working' well before we used clomid! Also, if you didn't O then technically AF isn't late. Also if you DID o but on like CD16-20 then it isn't time for AF yet! The spotting could have been IB, maybe you just Oed late. Oing late is common with clomid.

Did you do ANY kind of monitoring, to see when you ovulated? Why do you think you didn't O?

Well my cycles were lighter and shorter after I had my dnc in January. Im not sure if I o'd or not because I'm not being monitored or anything. I guess I think that because I didnt get a period that I didnt O. Im just wondering how likely it would be that I did O just later?? cause on day 28 is when i lightly spotted and thent he next day so I was hoping that it might be some implantation but ive taken HPT's and they are negative...its just frustrating. But you know that as well as I do. lol. thanks for the reply!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

How many days has it been since the spotting, what CD now???

When I took clomid before I Oed on CD17 & 21, aso clomid tends to lengthen LP by 1-3 days...........so for me, had I not conceived both times, my AF wouldn't have been 'due' technically until CD32 & 36!!! A 14-15 days LP is pretty common with clomid too. 

A normal 'rule' with clomid is you O 5-10 days AFTER your LAST pill, but later O is far more common. CD14-22 is all within 'norm' for clomid form what I have read/seen! That being said, if CD28 was IB then you would have likely Oed 7-10 days before then (CD18-21) commonly! 

Quoting kayleebugsmom32:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Well my cycles were lighter and shorter after I had my dnc in January. Im not sure if I o'd or not because I'm not being monitored or anything. I guess I think that because I didnt get a period that I didnt O. Im just wondering how likely it would be that I did O just later?? cause on day 28 is when i lightly spotted and thent he next day so I was hoping that it might be some implantation but ive taken HPT's and they are negative...its just frustrating. But you know that as well as I do. lol. thanks for the reply!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)