Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
Phewie, ultrasoumd we only saw a sack.... uterus shows signs of growing, but no beenie weenie and no heartbeat. Hcg was 2,561 though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Replies (21-26):
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:48 AM
Okay, today was 2,561, on 9/28 they were 274, on 9/26 they were 153. The nurse said it wasnt good that they didnt at least double, which had me stressed slap out for an entire week. The doctor, however, said they were quite normal and she has seen many a pregnancy start off with slow/sluggish hcg levels and then soar into the thousands a week or even days later and end in a pefect delivery.

Quoting sdsrusso:

Awesome news!!! Remind me what your numbers were prefer just out of curiosity. Im glad your numbers are rising beautifully and can't wait to hear about your f/u appointment :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissaj3679
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:05 AM

This same thing just happened to me. I went tuesday for my first hcg and it was 3966 and then the doc calls yesterday with the results of my second draw and it was 6200 so he was a little worried that it didn't double and that got me worrying. But he ordered another draw for tuesday and we are hoping that the numbers are where they should be.

Quoting eesmommy:

Okay, today was 2,561, on 9/28 they were 274, on 9/26 they were 153. The nurse said it wasnt good that they didnt at least double, which had me stressed slap out for an entire week. The doctor, however, said they were quite normal and she has seen many a pregnancy start off with slow/sluggish hcg levels and then soar into the thousands a week or even days later and end in a pefect delivery.

Quoting sdsrusso:

Awesome news!!! Remind me what your numbers were prefer just out of curiosity. Im glad your numbers are rising beautifully and can't wait to hear about your f/u appointment :)

Jena_1023
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Nice levels! You should definitely see a little bean and heartbeat at your next ultrasound! Good luck lady! 

eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Thats what the doctor said, and if we dont we will follow up the next week until we see one:)

Quoting Jena_1023:

Nice levels! You should definitely see a little bean and heartbeat at your next ultrasound! Good luck lady! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdsrusso
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Ugh, I hate when nurses or even some drs. Unnecessarily scare patients :( so glad to hear everything is going great!!

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting sdsrusso:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I told the doctor how the nurse had told me this and that and coulnt keep things straight. I also told her how she said not to come in or call unless I got pregnant again after my mc, she looked at me and said, no way! She said I should have been seen in her office during and after, since we had been trying for four years. Here I was, all along believing that this nurse was telling me the truth, that this stuff was from a doctor and its just stuff she is making up! Ugh, I feel so stupid, I should have known better, but anywho, the doctor said to ask for a specific nurse and if it sounded incorrect to get a different opinion from another nurse.

Quoting sdsrusso:

Ugh, I hate when nurses or even some drs. Unnecessarily scare patients :( so glad to hear everything is going great!!

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting sdsrusso:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)