Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

CLOMID VETERANS!!!! HELP ME!!!! Maybe TMI.

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 22 Replies

Okay ladies I got AF on the 5th. I am always regular always right on time.. my periods have been the same since I was 15. I did start on time.

All of this is abnormal for me...Does it sound familiar to you?

Well first of all it started light barely visible.. pink and brown.. 

I usually go through 3-4 tampons (super) the first day.. I didn't even drop on the panty liner.

Next day I started to bleed really bad... for about 6 hours by the end of the day it stopped. 

Woke up this morning COVERED in blood. Tampon/Pad in place 5 hours. 

Also I am experiencing clear CM.. with blood spots in it but not all the time.

MY NORMAL:

I have the same steady flowing not horrible period for 5 days. I only usually use tampons super and I can leave them in 4 hours atleast before they need changed.

Please keep in mind last month was my first month on clomid/provera. I have not started taking the clomid yet this month and did not take the provera. I also have severe endometriosis.

Has anyone had a period abnormal than their usual on clomid or anything close to this? 

Thanks In Advance,

Angela

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sp4love
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

ashleybgarcia
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Yes, painful & heavy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishingAway
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM

So it will go from light to painful and heavy? Thank you!

Quoting ashleybgarcia:

Yes, painful & heavy.

kellynh
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Mine did not change when I started clomid.... My O was more painful though.... I felt the release of the egg. I conceived three times on clomid, one with a m/c and two babies born.
WishingAway
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Thank you. When the dr called the other day with my clomid results they said if my period was strange to let them know.. If it keeps up heavy I will prob not call.. But if it starts to disappear again I am prob gonna just let them know. I want to make everything is okay to restart clomid. 

Quoting kellynh:

Mine did not change when I started clomid.... My O was more painful though.... I felt the release of the egg. I conceived three times on clomid, one with a m/c and two babies born.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM
My periods went from very heavy and painful to light and short on clomid. It completely changed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WishingAway
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Okay so I am assuming that going from light one day and heavy the next is something thats normal lol.. its back and forth. 

Quoting amy31308:

My periods went from very heavy and painful to light and short on clomid. It completely changed it.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM

That sounds completely normal for AF after a clomid cycle, almost EXACTLY how my AF was last month too actually, CD1 was brown/pink spotting, CD2 was HEAVY flow of red blood with some small clots & TONS of cramping, CD3 was medium & still very red, CD4 barely anything, mostly brown & lots of clear mucus...........

When are you supposed to start your clomid for this cycle?? When have you been starting it? Have you ever considered trying an earlier date to start if you have previous used 5-9?

Good luck this cycle hun, really keeping my fx that its your BFP hun!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

On another note, its normal/common for clomid to thin the uterine lining especially after 3-4 rounds so if your periods start to become VERY light or extremely short mention it to your OB as implantation can be very difficult with too thin of a lining so then baby asprin or even trying femara can be a better option IF that does happen!!!

WishingAway
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I start my second cycle with clomid on the 9th.. (CD 5-9) The doctor doesn't want to move it. I ovulate on my own so he just thinks last month we were figruing things out and just missed it. He seems pretty confident so I am going to trust him for now. He actually wants us to BD everyday bc my hubby has super sperm LOL ..its just getting past the endo that seems to be difficult. :-/ I will be keeping an eye on it making sure it doesn't get too light it upcoming months.. hopefully there aren't any more upcoming months but.. lol

Thank you so much!! 

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

That sounds completely normal for AF after a clomid cycle, almost EXACTLY how my AF was last month too actually, CD1 was brown/pink spotting, CD2 was HEAVY flow of red blood with some small clots & TONS of cramping, CD3 was medium & still very red, CD4 barely anything, mostly brown & lots of clear mucus...........

When are you supposed to start your clomid for this cycle?? When have you been starting it? Have you ever considered trying an earlier date to start if you have previous used 5-9?

Good luck this cycle hun, really keeping my fx that its your BFP hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)