Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

10DPO and BFN :(

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm just having a bummed day.

So tomorrow, im 14 days since my trigger (9/24). Im suppose to do an HPT.  However, if I calculated right, I got my "o" pains the night of the 25th...So I would have O'd the 25th or 26th.

So I would only be 10-11DPO.  Wouldnt I wait until 14DPO or more to test again?

My Dr had me start Prometrium..So I wont even get AF until I quit taking it, and I couldnt until I get a negative test.

I tested today(sunday) and got BFN.  I wont keep taking the Prometrium, since I got the BFN

But should I wait a day or so and test again? I mean if im not, i'll get AF within a few days.

Im bummed getting the BFN.  I havent told DH yet that I tested.  We really had it all right on this month...and hoped. This is only month 2 of ttc, but Im a person that just cant seem to relax. I feel my age is against me :(

Christie E.

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WishingAway
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM

It still could be too early hun don't ge too discouraged!! I would wait a couple days!

Twinwittwins
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Still early i know its hard but hang in....its not over till AF shows...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eshadowgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I didnt take my Prometrium last night. This morning Im crampy and spotting..damn it....Can AF come this fast after quitting PrometriuM?

haileysmom15
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM

It still could be to early for a bfp to show up! Good luck I would wait a few days and test again...

Eshadowgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM

AF reared her ugly head bout 5am this morning(monday).  Emailed my Dr.......awaiting to make sure we dont change anything.    Guess we'll just try again.  Feeling very down about this......and scared I'll never have a baby.

kelly617
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Could be too early...I didn't get a bfp until 20dpo...and a friend of mine was like 27dpo before she got hers

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM

So - if you bleed that fast after stopping prometrium - you need to take it a full 14 days in order to give the egg time to implant. 10-11 days is too short of a LP phase and the egg may or may not even have time to properly imbed, let alone produce HGC to trigger you to keep your lining from shedding.

I use progesterone a lot and I've never heard a doctor have you quit it that early... You should stop at like 13-14 DPO in order to make sure your body had time to produce HGC if it concieved.

Eshadowgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:46 PM

My Dr had me do an HPT  14 days after trigger shot. You mean If i had kept taking the Prometrium  past the day of testing, Id have had a better chance?

I was at 11-12dpo when I took HPT.   WOW...So i got screwed out of a chance of being pregnant by stopping the Prometrium cuz the doctor said to.

Quoting kajira:

So - if you bleed that fast after stopping prometrium - you need to take it a full 14 days in order to give the egg time to implant. 10-11 days is too short of a LP phase and the egg may or may not even have time to properly imbed, let alone produce HGC to trigger you to keep your lining from shedding.

I use progesterone a lot and I've never heard a doctor have you quit it that early... You should stop at like 13-14 DPO in order to make sure your body had time to produce HGC if it concieved.

Christie E.

kajira
by Emma on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM

You really need 12-14 days past ovulation for the egg to have the best chance. 11 is really pushing it and 10 is too short for egg to implant and produce HGC high enough to prevent you from shedding your lining.

so, at 10-11 days is really too short to just stop taking progesterone if your on the supplements.

You really should take it the full 14 days past ovulation to ensure you aren't pregnant and make sure your body works the way it needs too.

I still don't fully understand how your doctor had you quit so early. a lot of women don't even get a positive until AFTER their period is late.... so....

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

My Dr had me do an HPT  14 days after trigger shot. You mean If i had kept taking the Prometrium  past the day of testing, Id have had a better chance?

I was at 11-12dpo when I took HPT.   WOW...So i got screwed out of a chance of being pregnant by stopping the Prometrium cuz the doctor said to.

Quoting kajira:

Living with Autism - The quirky kitty.

Our autistic Family - A Dad's point of view on living with Autism

Eshadowgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I truly dont understand it either...They are going by my trigger shot date....and not by the 36hrs after, when i do ovulate.  So I guess its a learning thing, and a time when i should NOT listen to them.

I just hate to think I screwed up my chance of concieving THIS month, by quitting the prometrium.   I guess im still learning too...:(

Thank you so much for all the information

Quoting kajira:

You really need 12-14 days past ovulation for the egg to have the best chance. 11 is really pushing it and 10 is too short for egg to implant and produce HGC high enough to prevent you from shedding your lining.

so, at 10-11 days is really too short to just stop taking progesterone if your on the supplements.

You really should take it the full 14 days past ovulation to ensure you aren't pregnant and make sure your body works the way it needs too.

I still don't fully understand how your doctor had you quit so early. a lot of women don't even get a positive until AFTER their period is late.... so....

Quoting Eshadowgirl:

Quoting kajira:

Christie E.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)