Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OMG!!! Could this mean twins again?! ETA *update*

Posted by   + Show Post

Just went to the doctor this morning. I'm 5 weeks and 3 days. My first hcg at 8 dpo was 18. Two days later it was 59. So it tripled in two days and today my ob said that made her a little suspicious that it might be twins again. Well, they did another quant today and she said it should be about 1800. When I went back for the results my doctor smiled and said "Are you ready for this?!" And then she shows me the paper and it says 6600!! So it went from 59 to 6600 in ten days. I asked her if that ever happens with normal Singleton pregnancies and she says "Eh.. sometimes." But she seems to think this means more than one baby. My first ultrasound is Friday and now I'm so nervous! Anyone else have their numbers rise this fast and just have one baby????

ETA: I meant to post this in the "Pregnancy After TTC" side but I was mobile and didn't realize I posted it on this side! I know that is annoying... so just so everyone knows... I didn't mean to do it. lol

** I had my first ultrasound Friday - just one sac and one little heart beat : )

baby

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Replies (61-64):
steph.sublette
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I hear this all the time and its turns out to just  be a singleton.

crazymommy2007
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I never had the hormone checked when I was pregnant.. So IDK.. Good luck with your pregnancy!

JenMarie87
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM

BUMP!

Jena731
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Good luck!  im so impatient for my first ultrasound!  I have to wait until next tues the 23rd  ughhhhh  :)  Im hoping for a boy but will really be happy either way :)

Quoting JenMarie87:

Idk! Maybe it's a girl. lol

Quoting Jena731:

Just one? Why were levels so High? Well one is much better then none!!!!! :).

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)