Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Why Do I Do This To Myself? :(!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 16 Replies

A little backstory- I have 4 kids with my ex husband. I am now TTC my husbands first. ( My 5th). He has NO kids of his own. Everything is ok with the both of us. We have been to the doctor. We are now on month 19 TTC. I get up and make breakfast and turn on A Baby Story. I am sitting here crying like a big baby. I do not know why I do this to myself..and OH, Wathing that movie, What to Expect When Your Expecting..yeah...that was a big mistake. LOL

I was in the hospital for a kidney infection last week but we did the turkey baster method the night before last. I should be 1 or 2 DPO. Everyone tells me it will happen..blah blah...I am kinda tired of hearing that..if it were going to happen it should have by now. My husband started his new great job at Amazon..We have awesome insurance.. I am just ready for this. It hurts to see his pain when he sees a pregnant woman or babies. YES he loves my children like his own but he deserves this.

Anyone else have kids but your husband does not have any of his own yet??

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Latvia
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM

do not watch those shows!!! lol i wanna see "what to expect" but i'm waiting till i'm pregnant! 

best of luck to you!!! :)

xoxosweetie1566
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I am dying to see What To Expect..but I am saving as a treat for when I get my BFP!!

Quoting Latvia:

do not watch those shows!!! lol i wanna see "what to expect" but i'm waiting till i'm pregnant! 

best of luck to you!!! :)

sissykay78
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
My situation was a bit different. I have four kids also none by my husband although he raises them and is their dad..We went many years like this until we decided to try for a baby..But we needed a Tubal Reversal.. Came out of surgery with one tube..So I had it done took 9 months to get a bfp and it was ectopic.We had little hope but got another bfp..Im 15 weeks pregnant with a baby girl..I know how it feels to have everything right in your life..money..house..car..insurance and wanting so bad for it to happen..Espessially cuz it did so fast with mh other kids..I will keep you in my thoughts and send lots of baby dust your way. Keep thinking positive! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1moretolove
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Stop torturing yourself with those shows! Lol, I had to stop watching them all together while ttc. I understand how you feel, just hang in there:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazysheep
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Yea. I have 1 DD. Dh is not biodad. We have been ttc for 2 years and nothing :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gertrude_shea
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I am ina similar situation but this is only #3 for me...i have 2 from a previous relationship ans dh has none...we have been ttc for 11 months now and nothing...i hope it happens for the both of us SOON!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alteschulemom
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I am not in your situation, but my mother was.  Three kids, widowed and remarried.  She tried for years to get pregnant with another child, my step dad's bio kid.  It never happened for her.  She did everything, clomid, injects, IUI, tubal reversal.  They stopped at IVF.  Even went the adoption route and that failed as well.  Now, twenty years later she's waiting for grandkids and in a way kinda happy that she never had a child with my step dad as she has moved on and changed her life again. 

Jesi102
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I'm the opposite, my dh has a child but not from me. It kills me every month when af shows. He was with his ex for a month and a half when she got pregnant. She dumped him 2 wks later. Btw, she does this for a living, has 4 kids, 4 different dads, gets support for all of them and lives off the state. Makes me sick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Thank you all for responding. I am glad I am not alone but it is still sad for everyone.

WishingAway
by Angela on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I get really sick of hearing "if its meant to be it will be be" and junk like that.. I just wanna say SHUT UP! GOOD LUCK HUN!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)