Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

question about ovulating

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay so this month I don't know when I will O or if I Oed already.  I have been doing the opk's since the 2nd.  The 7th my opk test line was maybe a little lighter or the same color as the control line.  Yesterday the opk test line was darker than the control line.  I tested again today and the test line was darker than the control line but not as dark as it was yesterdays.  Also I have been feeling wet since the 5th or 6th.  Does that mean?  When did I O?  Did I O yesterday?  Or am I going to O soon?  I need to know so that I know when I can take a hpt.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM

The only way to know for sure when you O'd is to chart your temps.  Since I'm guessing you aren't doing that, I'd just keep testing with the opks & assume you O the day after your last positive.  So if you get a negative tomorrow, then assume you O tomorrow.  I would then wait 14 days to test with a hpt.

Good luck!

October is Celiac Awareness Month - did you know that only about 1 out of every 5 or 6 people who have Celiac Disease are diagnosed?  csaceliacs.org, celiac.com National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Gwen (42) David (55) Augie (5) Alex (3)

mama2gg
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
We always tell women at the ob clinic that you almost always O 12-24 hours after your FIRST positive opk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Quoting mama2gg:

We always tell women at the ob clinic that you almost always O 12-24 hours after your FIRST positive opk

That is likely true for most.  I like to recommend waiting until after its negative, if you're going to keep testing and aren't temping, just because you could O later & it keeps you BDing longer & may keep you from testing too soon.  But plenty of women do O while they still have positive opks.

PandaMama23
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Thank you.  This is just the second month and if this isn't our month then next month I will start charting my temps and doing opks.  Last month threw me off since I my period was 5 days late so I wasn't sure when I was going to O this time which is why i decided to buy the opks this time.  This month has just been really busy with preparing to move and hubby going back to work after leave and then standdown.  Hubby and I have been bding whenever he is home since he has work and then he has duty (24 hour day) which so happens to be today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)