Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Question for those of "advanced maternal age"

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
My dh and I are Ttc after a 14 year gap. I'm 37 and he's 41. Even though we are doing this on purpose, I feel like if I do get pregnant that I will be almost embarrassed to admit it. I think others will automatically think its an accident and I'll probably let them think it. If you are of advanced maternal age, will you tell others you got pregnant on purpose?
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
teresalmc
by Teresa on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM
They will know cuz we have been trying for so long this will be my first I'm 37 and Dh is 44 people know I don't have any kids so.....
lilianasmom1116
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM
I'm not of "advanced maternal age" BUT I got prego again when my youngest was only 7months old so they will be pretty close in age... we weren't exactly trying, yet anyways but we were gonna try within the next 5months of us conceiving (since it took over two years to conceive our previous one). anyways, we led on and let others believed it was a complete accident and that we were actually trying to prevent just to kinda spare us some snide remarks :-/ I don't think I was embarrassed tho- just not ready admit to the world our "secret" and be faced with questions. so, i kinda know how ya feel with making that decision...

either way, I don't think u should be embarrassed by it! You're not "old" by any means and it's not uncommon to get prego at your age :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I'll be 32 when this baby is born. It will be our last that we ttc. If it happens after that, so be it. I know Im not super advanced maternal age, but I definitley feel the difference in my energy level between this one and DS and I openly tell people that. that Im feeling my age and it will likely be my last. 

Aldinea13
by Jaime on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I am 42, and close friends know we are trying, and once I am pregnant we wont be able to wait to tell the world!!! 

Age is a question of mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!!!

baby dust

amylou111
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Do not worry about age! If you are healthy, by all means, DO IT! All what matters is what you and dh think. If it were me, I would shout it to the world! You are not old. You are not broken. If this is what you want, you owe it to yourself to try like hell!

lbrummett
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM
I am 41 dh 47 ttc #1. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Who cares what others think. We will shout it to the world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I am 40, DH is 42. This is my 2nd marriage. My oldest is 20 and I have a granddaughter who is 19 mths old. I also have a 12yo dd, a 4yo dd, and 3 skids age 11,9, and 8. My son is 10 mths old. I have no problems telling people he wasn't an accident. My 20yo thinks its awesome. We are not actively TTC, (no clomid and I'm still bf my son) but we are just bd like crazy cd 10-15. If it happens it does, if it doesn't I will be on clomid again within 6 mths. If we are blessed with another, my tubes get tied. I will gladly shout it was on purpose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)