Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I am still processing my appointment.....

Posted by   + Show Post
The doctor asked me how I was feeling and I sad I feel great, good energy, sleeping well, good appetite, just kinda she ssing since I am five days away from when I mc in March. Dh pipes in with how tired I was, how I had nk appetite, severely nauseous, felt just aweful etc..... She said that actually thats quite typical for women who mc, its thier body rejecting whatever is going on, she said ninety percent of women who mc will look back and realize how aweful they felt that whole pregnancy. She said that what you look for in a healthy pregnancy is an overall good feeling, you may feel nauseous or tired, but for the most part you feel good. I just thought that was interesting and I would share it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I agree women should take good care of their health but most of the time a MC can't be prevented, even when caught early. There's a reason , usually genetically the baby isn't healthy and the body naturally rejects it. . Even the healthiest women MC. There just isn't anything you can do unfortunatly :(.. and usually with a MC there are no signals except no symptoms, maybe some cramping or spotting but that happens in normal pregnancies also... its a sad part of life, I've had 2 of them and was devistated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM
Sadly, I have found that most up my tummy troubles were caused by foods.... I went grain free at the end of dd pregnancy due to tummy troubles, it cleared up entirely in one week. So far with this one I crave potatoes, but they are giving me heartburn an hour later, so I switched to sweet potatoes and feel great, I think its the starch.

Quoting Seximama23:

I have not had a mc but I was pregnant, my don is 4 years now.

But I didnt start getting sick until after 9 weeks and continued horribly being ill until 7 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM
That was one thing she pointed out. And even though common sense tells us this, I think we all wonder, what could or should I have done differently.....
She asked what vitamins I took and I told her and she said good, and that it would boggle your mind if you knew how many women just dont take any vitamins and refuse to eat healthy! She said its not even about being pregnant, its about taking care of YOURSELF as a woman! Lol My mom is that woman, she never took care of herself, it was always us kids first, now she has tons of medical issues, its sad that her selflessness has reaped her misery:( I dont want to be that mom, it makes us kids feel guilty, ya k.ow?

Quoting nikkifam5:

I agree women should take good care of their health but most of the time a MC can't be prevented, even when caught early. There's a reason , usually genetically the baby isn't healthy and the body naturally rejects it. . Even the healthiest women MC. There just isn't anything you can do unfortunatly :(.. and usually with a MC there are no signals except no symptoms, maybe some cramping or spotting but that happens in normal pregnancies also... its a sad part of life, I've had 2 of them and was devistated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I think we will have to agree to disagree on this, repectfully of course lol. I do agree health and nutrition are a big part of maintaing a healthy pregnancy or becoming pregnant. More times then not, that doesn't play a factor in a MC, esspecially an early MC. My kids always come before me, as far as me having time for hair, make up , shopping etc. But when it comes to health and pregnancy I think we as women are very intune with our bodies. And of course when we MC we find ourselves asking "why" and what could I have done. But more times then not, the answer is nothing... now I respect your provider and her beliefs I think that kind of talk will make some women blame themselves when reality is, its probably nothing they did or could have done.

Quoting eesmommy:

That was one thing she pointed out. And even though common sense tells us this, I think we all wonder, what could or should I have done differently.....

She asked what vitamins I took and I told her and she said good, and that it would boggle your mind if you knew how many women just dont take any vitamins and refuse to eat healthy! She said its not even about being pregnant, its about taking care of YOURSELF as a woman! Lol My mom is that woman, she never took care of herself, it was always us kids first, now she has tons of medical issues, its sad that her selflessness has reaped her misery:( I dont want to be that mom, it makes us kids feel guilty, ya k.ow?

Quoting nikkifam5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM
You didnt understand, she wasnt saying anything as far as mc, she meant in general, women as a whole tend to forget to be conscious of thier own health, we go hungry when busy with the kids, we eat junk food because its quick that sort of thing. Like self breast exams, my mom is 68, has never done a self breast exam lol my sister never did one until she was 30, and she found a lump two months in. There is nothing to stop a mc if its going to happen, but mc are high these days, and there have been studies that directly link them to our diets. Processed foods deplete the body of natural necessary nutrients, we spend money on vitamins and minerals in pill form when if we just ate local and properly grown we could get all these wonderful nutrients from our foods, saving thousands of dollars and giving our bodies the correct amounts that it can easily use. The sad thing is, that until we acknowledge that what we put in amd on our bodies is whats making us sick, we will continue to have illness and mc.

Quoting nikkifam5:

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this, repectfully of course lol. I do agree health and nutrition are a big part of maintaing a healthy pregnancy or becoming pregnant. More times then not, that doesn't play a factor in a MC, esspecially an early MC. My kids always come before me, as far as me having time for hair, make up , shopping etc. But when it comes to health and pregnancy I think we as women are very intune with our bodies. And of course when we MC we find ourselves asking "why" and what could I have done. But more times then not, the answer is nothing... now I respect your provider and her beliefs I think that kind of talk will make some women blame themselves when reality is, its probably nothing they did or could have done.

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting nikkifam5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Oh I've been like this from week 3 lol i dont think being sick or a hard pregnancy has anything to do with it personally

And no im a nurse and a body coach lol i have everything i should just high HCG level causing more sickness its very normal

Quoting eesmommy:

She meant before twelve weeks lol. It spunds like you need vitamins or might be dehydrated, I switched my vitamins mid pregnancy with dd and started drinking coconut water and I perked right up, even though I was in the hospital wekly for dehydration linked contractions lol, evidently my body needed massive amounts of fluids and I just couldnt contain them.

Quoting mama2gg:

Well I'm fucked cause I'm tired, sick, sleepy, can't work don't want to move and I'm 15 weeks lolol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swati88
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I think these symptoms tell us when things are wrong.A woman should be well prepared her body ,care her body and do exercise moving here there also.

nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I was horrible this pregnancy starting at 4 weeks :/ I ended up in the hospital dehydrated from throwing up so much at 7 weeks. I couldn't even keep water down. Turns out my HCG was so very high. I'm very sensative to my hormone changes too. But thank goodness with this one my MS was gone by 16 weeks. With my last pregnancy I was sick to 24 weeks :/

Quoting mama2gg:

Oh I've been like this from week 3 lol i dont think being sick or a hard pregnancy has anything to do with it personally

And no im a nurse and a body coach lol i have everything i should just high HCG level causing more sickness its very normal

Quoting eesmommy:

She meant before twelve weeks lol. It spunds like you need vitamins or might be dehydrated, I switched my vitamins mid pregnancy with dd and started drinking coconut water and I perked right up, even though I was in the hospital wekly for dehydration linked contractions lol, evidently my body needed massive amounts of fluids and I just couldnt contain them.

Quoting mama2gg:

Well I'm fucked cause I'm tired, sick, sleepy, can't work don't want to move and I'm 15 weeks lolol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by Gina on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, I DON'T think that's true. I've actually heard lots of people say that feeling crummy is a good sign because it means your body is producing tons of hormone which keeps baby in, happy n healthy. I've felt worse with this pregnancy than last time and I'm 15 weeks and going strong! And FINALLY coming out of the awful morning sickness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I am so glad you are feeling great this time around! It definitely makes pregnancy easier to enjoy, that's for sure! I have to say, I think it's a little irresponsible of your doc to say that bc I don't think it's factual. I think it might be more opinion, which is fine I suppose. But I wouldn't want it to freak you out if some morning sickness starts to kick in after another week or so bc that happens sometimes. I've known lots of women who had the most SEVERE ms and the baby was as happy as a pig in mud in there the whole time, while momma was MISERABLE. I myself had super low progersterone in the beginning and I felt wonderful. You just never know. Our bodies are complicated machines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)