Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I am still processing my appointment.....

Posted by   + Show Post
The doctor asked me how I was feeling and I sad I feel great, good energy, sleeping well, good appetite, just kinda she ssing since I am five days away from when I mc in March. Dh pipes in with how tired I was, how I had nk appetite, severely nauseous, felt just aweful etc..... She said that actually thats quite typical for women who mc, its thier body rejecting whatever is going on, she said ninety percent of women who mc will look back and realize how aweful they felt that whole pregnancy. She said that what you look for in a healthy pregnancy is an overall good feeling, you may feel nauseous or tired, but for the most part you feel good. I just thought that was interesting and I would share it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Lol, no, I womt be freaking out if ms hits, as long as I feel good overall. I was sick basically all of my pregnancies before, but I actually felt good, I had a glow, energy came in spurts, yes, I had heartburn so bad with ds that I would dream I was on fire and my boobs leaked all day and night, but overall I felt great, with dd I was constantly dehydrated and in the hospital weekly for iv fluids, but the whole time I felt good. With the mc I literally felt like death, I remember telling my mom once that I was so tired and weak I felt like I couldnt breath! Once I actually mc I started to feel better.

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

I am so glad you are feeling great this time around! It definitely makes pregnancy easier to enjoy, that's for sure! I have to say, I think it's a little irresponsible of your doc to say that bc I don't think it's factual. I think it might be more opinion, which is fine I suppose. But I wouldn't want it to freak you out if some morning sickness starts to kick in after another week or so bc that happens sometimes. I've known lots of women who had the most SEVERE ms and the baby was as happy as a pig in mud in there the whole time, while momma was MISERABLE. I myself had super low progersterone in the beginning and I felt wonderful. You just never know. Our bodies are complicated machines.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM
She sounda great. I just think it's a bad idea to put out there that women who feel lousy feel that way because they might miscarry. SO many women feel that way that it will just worry them unnecessarily. Ya know?

Quoting eesmommy:

She said our bodies are amazing in the fact that they tell us when things are wrong. She said if more women LISTENED to the signals thier bodies are giving so many more women could be helped so much sooner. She said it is sooooo important that women do self breast exams every single month, its so important that women eat healthier diets for better overall health. She said she wishes she could convince every woman to always every day take her vitamins for her health.

She also said she wished that every women who had a mc would spend at least three months taking super good care to recover and rejuvinate herself, a mc happens for a reason and even though a lot of women get pregnant and carry to term immediately after a mc, there can be permanent damage done to a womans. health doing this, and if you do get pregnant right after a mc you must be extremely careful to be very healthy minded for your own sake.

She is one of those motherly women who have kids and grandkids and she answers questions honestly and shares her wisdom freely in a way that makes so much sense, she had been delivering babies for over thirty years and her one daughter is a midwife too, and she just makes you feel at ease. :)

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

Wen i m/c i had no REAL symptoms....so i kinda felt like that was why...?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkifam5
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:41 PM
When we know things are well, we feel "good" even when we are physically getting sick or are in pain. But knowing that our babies are happy and thriving inside of us, gives us an over all good feeling. The way you felt before you knew you were going to MC was probably your body telling you something was up. My bodies way of telling me was by doing nothing ( which then I knew ) and having no symptoms. My heartburn is terrible with this pregnancy! I even get it from water LOL so I know the feeling !

Quoting eesmommy:

Lol, no, I womt be freaking out if ms hits, as long as I feel good overall. I was sick basically all of my pregnancies before, but I actually felt good, I had a glow, energy came in spurts, yes, I had heartburn so bad with ds that I would dream I was on fire and my boobs leaked all day and night, but overall I felt great, with dd I was constantly dehydrated and in the hospital weekly for iv fluids, but the whole time I felt good. With the mc I literally felt like death, I remember telling my mom once that I was so tired and weak I felt like I couldnt breath! Once I actually mc I started to feel better.

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

I am so glad you are feeling great this time around! It definitely makes pregnancy easier to enjoy, that's for sure! I have to say, I think it's a little irresponsible of your doc to say that bc I don't think it's factual. I think it might be more opinion, which is fine I suppose. But I wouldn't want it to freak you out if some morning sickness starts to kick in after another week or so bc that happens sometimes. I've known lots of women who had the most SEVERE ms and the baby was as happy as a pig in mud in there the whole time, while momma was MISERABLE. I myself had super low progersterone in the beginning and I felt wonderful. You just never know. Our bodies are complicated machines.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Actually the ONLY pregnancy I felt good was miscarriage. The side effects of preg, nausea, tired etc, is the result of elevated hormones. In a non viable preg youre more likely to have low hormones resulting in less pregnsmcy symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM
OMG heartburn so bad you dreamed you were on fire?! That sounds terrible!!!!!

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM
It was aweful, nothing helped it, lol my doctor wracked her brain, even bought over the counter things to give me to try, I was on meds and over the counter stuff and still no relief, finally, I read about ginger tea sweetened with honey and ginger candy, I was able to have relief during the day, but at night it would get worse. My tatas would leak out four ounces of colostrum nightly from the heartburn and I had pretty bad scarring in my esophagus. Thankfully with dd it was just nausea, and it was only during the day, I could sleep and eat, but I was nauseous alllllll the time lol Even taking prescription meds.

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Wow that's crazy!

Quoting eesmommy:

It was aweful, nothing helped it, lol my doctor wracked her brain, even bought over the counter things to give me to try, I was on meds and over the counter stuff and still no relief, finally, I read about ginger tea sweetened with honey and ginger candy, I was able to have relief during the day, but at night it would get worse. My tatas would leak out four ounces of colostrum nightly from the heartburn and I had pretty bad scarring in my esophagus. Thankfully with dd it was just nausea, and it was only during the day, I could sleep and eat, but I was nauseous alllllll the time lol Even taking prescription meds.

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

my first pregnancy, I felt awfu the ENTIRE time I was pregnant. Never had a thraetened miscarriage or any signs of problems. I just had an irritable uterus, contracted every 3-6 minutes from 20+ weeks, and had severe throwing up until 7ish months pregnant. (like iv fluids 2x in a hospital type bad.) plus meds to keep food/water down. I also had heart burn so bad I had holes in my throat by the time I delivered him.

With my second pregnancy, I DID have a threatened miscarraige, and until I started spotting, I felt great, fine, happy, no problems, barely was nauseous... what caused me to get sick is Igot multiple infections from the break through spotting. Ended up with hospital bedrest and didn't feel better until after a series of iv antibitiocs, but I suffered from 15 weeks, until 34 weeks until they figured out what was wrong, including fighting pre-term labor non stop from the infections.

Living with Autism - The quirky kitty.

Our autistic Family - A Dad's point of view on living with Autism

theirmommy04
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM
That is interesting because I've heard quite the opposite and from the three women I know who miscarried, they experienced quite the opposite. They were symptom free and all lost their pregnancies.
spidermansmom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM

i cant believe that because i felt like absolute CRAP! im 28 wks now and for the first 14 wks  i wanted to crawl into a box and die! i was sleepy, nauseous, and couldnt eat a thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN