Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Getting off the Pill

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello, everyone!!!  Just yesterday my husband announced he is ready to TTC!  So today I stopped taking my birth control.  I have been on birth control for 7 years.  I have heard that it can take up to 3 months before birth control leaves your system entirely....has anyone else heard this?  Does anyone know if there is any truth behind that?  I'm pretty excited and I can't sort out all of my questions right now.  Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom to share?

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Well I know when I was on depo it took my body 6 months to get back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM
It takes time for any hormonal BC to leave your body. The longer you've been on it usually the longer it takes.
Track your cycles. Temp, use opks, ect. Start prenatals as soon as possible.
Remember it can take the average healthy couple a year or longer to get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I think everyone is different. My doc once told me that technically as long as you completed the pack, you could be ready to conceive the very next cycle. True to that, with my daughter I was pregnant my second cycle off the pill (so I had one full month pill free, then the next month I got pregnant). I think it just depends. I had been on the pill about 7 years at that point. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I just want to add that the above only pertains to ME. I am in no way saying that is the norm for people. I could have been extremely lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:36 AM

I've been wondering the same thing? I want to be sure it's safe to start ttc now, or if we should wait? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN