Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

OPK/O pain concerns...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

Glad to see this place up and running again!

This cycle is my first cycle since my miscarriage in August. Today is CD18. I started having pains on my left side on CD12. I started OPK's on day 12 as well. They have all been negative. I went through this the 2 months before I got pregnant. I never got a positive OPK, but obviously I was ovulating because I ended up pregnant. I got OPK's that were close to positive, but always atleast 2 shades off. I did have pains around the time I should have been ovulating, but chalked it up to a cyst because I wasn't getting positive opk's.

My left side pains last until CD16 then yesterday they stopped. I have had a little soreness on that left side, but nothing like those 5 days of pains.

My question is do I just trust my O pains and assume I ovulated somewhere in the midst of them? Or do I trust the OPK's and assume I haven't ovulated because I didn't get a positive? I am continuing to use OPK's just in case, but I really don't feel I will get a positive.

Stupid PCOS!

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cynthia86
by Cynthia on Nov. 4, 2012 at 6:56 PM

BUMP!

MiKaLa88
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiKaLa88
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Bump!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Bump!

You know my opinion but as I'm sitting here thinking about it- PCOS is different for everyone and it's an endocrine disorder which means obviously your hormones are affected. Maybe the LH hormone is one that is affected by your pcos. 

I say treat it as you didn't ovulate yet, keep testing, and go from there.

THIS WILL BE OUR CYCLE.

MiKaLa88
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Yes it will be our cycle by golly!

Quoting amy31308:

Bump!

You know my opinion but as I'm sitting here thinking about it- PCOS is different for everyone and it's an endocrine disorder which means obviously your hormones are affected. Maybe the LH hormone is one that is affected by your pcos. 

I say treat it as you didn't ovulate yet, keep testing, and go from there.

THIS WILL BE OUR CYCLE.

MiKaLa88
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:38 PM

BUMP!

amy31308
by Ashlee on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michaela880
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

BUMP

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:34 PM

If you don't catch the egg this cycle I say start temping cuz I have a similar issue (not pcos) but I don't have specific O pains....I get cramps for several days and I have NO idea which ones are the O pains until I can confirm it with temps later

Did you have EWCM during the days you had cramps?

Oh and some cycles I have HORRIBLE "O pains" and some cycles I have almost nothing....like this cycle I was just a lil crampy a day or two before O and on ovulation day...if I wasn't temping I totally would have missed it

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

If you have PCOS then i'd be weiry since cysts can cause ovarian pains :( I'd probably ask about a progesterone test TO  BE SURE if it were me.............which btw is what i do every month right after O (because i'm always in shock since i rarely EVER o)! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN