Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I need HELP!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
Ok, So I used a soft cup today after bd with DH, I put it in about 2-3 minutes after we finished. I left it in for about 2 hours. When I took it out it had a lot of DH semen in it (sorry if T.M.I) My questions are this....Did I insert it too early? If so, when should I put it in? Did I leave it in too long or not long enough? Sorry for all the questions but DH and I decided if we are not successful this time around we are going to take a break, no clomid, no trigger, no timed sex, no R.E appointments Nothing, so we are trying to increase our chances as much as possible! Thanks in advance and baby dust to u all!!!
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mama2gg
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM
No you didn't do it too soon

You saw fluid not sperm of what a male ejaculates only 1/10 is real sperm the rest is just fluid for sperm to set in

You can leave it in 10min-8hours up to you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michelle1717
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mama2gg:

No you didn't do it too soon

You saw fluid not sperm of what a male ejaculates only 1/10 is real sperm the rest is just fluid for sperm to set in

You can leave it in 10min-8hours up to you

Thank u soooo much for ur response!!
pistachio479
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM

keep in mind that it only takes 1 sperm to get pregnant. 1 drop of sperm has hundreds of thousands up to millions of sperm...I wouldn't worry too much.

Michelle1717
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Quoting pistachio479:

keep in mind that it only takes 1 sperm to get pregnant. 1 drop of sperm has hundreds of thousands up to millions of sperm...I wouldn't worry too much.

Ok, Thank you! When I took the cup out and saw what I assumed was semen I Freaked out lol
kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Yah the stuff you saw was just the leftover goo they swim around in....if you left in in 2hrs any of the viable sperm have already moved up into the cervix/uterus/fallopian tubes to wait for the eggs...any sperm that was left in there you wouldn't want anyway....slow swimmers and apparently no sense of direction lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)