Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Femara round #1 coming up in December, anyone with me?

Posted by   + Show Post

So we've been TTC since June 2010. We've done 4 rounds of Clomid with 2 O's and no BFP with the last round being in April 2012. I was disappointed since I lost 72 pounds between Nov '11-March '12 and was told weight loss would for sure get me pregnant by one OBGYN and 2 RE's.

Fast forward to September 2012 and I had enough. I made an appointment with an RE 2 1/2 hours away and in one visit we were swept off our feet. Since then I've had blood tests galore. My CD 3 bloodwork came back PERFECT and now we're waiting to do Femara round #1 and my RE is convinced that timed intercourse is all we'll need since it looks like our only fertility issue is my PCOS, secondary amenohrrhea, and anovulation, once I ovulate consistently it'll be a matter of time before I get pregnant.

I'm anxious because I was to give my body every chance to conceive. I'm also optimistic that we've found our solution. Anyone else doing Femara round #1 or have done Femara already? What was your experience? 

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Replies (21-26):
Tinabee88
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM
So much has been happening that I need to update and sorry for not checking in:

I took femara on days 2-7. I did an extra day to help the follicles grow.

So those 6 days I was tired beyond belief and my sense of smell heightened so I was nauseated. I barely left the house.

I've been cramping since Wednesday and all my opks were negative. Friday night I cried because I knew I was broken.

Saturday (CD 14) I took a clearblue digital ovulation test. After a minute guess what popped up? A Smiley face!!!!! I took a line opk that confirmed the results.

So dh and I have been baby dancing all weekend. I've never ovulated this early on meds. So today is 1dpo and we'll baby dance until Wednesday to cover our bases.

We're excited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:12 PM

i did femara this past cycle an well do it again this cycle, it made me o last cycle on my own, no side effects , so its only a matter of time i believe before we get pregnant im hoping to get a late christmas present , i should start my femara on cycle day 3-7 

Mommasethi
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I just did my first round of Femara as well. I took it on CD 3-7 5mg. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday to measure follicles. Hope this is our month. Goodluck girls : )
Keep us posted!
Tinabee88
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey ladies! I figured I'd update. My first Femara round I o'ed, but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy however I finally saw a positive pregnancy test after 2.5 years so that was exciting. Second round happened at the beginning of January with a BFN. Right now I'm CD 18 on a natural cycle and I believe I'm ovulating on my own. Cramps started like I'd taken Femara on CD 14 and have since continued. We'll see if an egg is released and I'll start natural progesterone cream this weekend. I feel soooo bloated right now which is good. I haven't ovulated naturally since May 2010.

I hope things are going fabulously for all you ladies.

Marah2008
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Any update?

Quoting Tinabee88:

Hey ladies! I figured I'd update. My first Femara round I o'ed, but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy however I finally saw a positive pregnancy test after 2.5 years so that was exciting. Second round happened at the beginning of January with a BFN. Right now I'm CD 18 on a natural cycle and I believe I'm ovulating on my own. Cramps started like I'd taken Femara on CD 14 and have since continued. We'll see if an egg is released and I'll start natural progesterone cream this weekend. I feel soooo bloated right now which is good. I haven't ovulated naturally since May 2010.

I hope things are going fabulously for all you ladies.

mamatink7
by Franceska on Dec. 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM

i am doing Femara #1 also!! cd3-7, i got Femara cd6, so I have to do this cycle(when af comes in a couple wks)

what dose are you on? 2.5mg for 5 days. RE also said that i will o earlier while on it. so start opk cd12!!

wahoo and fx we both get our BFP very soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN