Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Femara round #1 coming up in December, anyone with me?

Posted by   + Show Post

So we've been TTC since June 2010. We've done 4 rounds of Clomid with 2 O's and no BFP with the last round being in April 2012. I was disappointed since I lost 72 pounds between Nov '11-March '12 and was told weight loss would for sure get me pregnant by one OBGYN and 2 RE's.

Fast forward to September 2012 and I had enough. I made an appointment with an RE 2 1/2 hours away and in one visit we were swept off our feet. Since then I've had blood tests galore. My CD 3 bloodwork came back PERFECT and now we're waiting to do Femara round #1 and my RE is convinced that timed intercourse is all we'll need since it looks like our only fertility issue is my PCOS, secondary amenohrrhea, and anovulation, once I ovulate consistently it'll be a matter of time before I get pregnant.

I'm anxious because I was to give my body every chance to conceive. I'm also optimistic that we've found our solution. Anyone else doing Femara round #1 or have done Femara already? What was your experience? 

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Replies (31-31):
bellasmom32510
by Member on Jan. 26, 2015 at 6:10 AM
That was the only med I was on I did have hsg and other basic testing prior to the med.

Quoting mamatink7: Wonderful to hear positive stories:) were you on anything else also? How long were trying and did they have to do all other tests too? (Hsg, lapro, cd3 and cd 21) sorry many questions I'm so excited to see med actually working!!

Quoting bellasmom32510: I got pregnant with my first round of femara. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN