Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Trying to concieve 2nd child with another child 5+ years older?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 50 Replies

So I am not actively TTC but I do have a ds who is 7 (will be 8 in January) I was wondering if any of you ladies were thinking about TTC or actively TTC with an older child. I am 24 and currently not in a relationship so I don't know if I'll ever get those 2 or 3 more kids that I want but I don't want to wait until ds is in middle school or beyond to think about having another one you know?

Also, I do have PCOS so I know TTC *if I ever start* will be a little difficult. Since I am currently single I am trying to work on my weight and diet.

So what about you ladies?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
31curious
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I have 12, 4 year old and i'm trying to conceive my third. As you know life sometimes has other plans and you have no choice on the age gap..I i was hoping this would have been a few years ago..but been ttc over 3 years.

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Well I have a step daughter that is going to be 8 next week...and my son is going to turn 1 in 2wks....unfortunately I didn't have control over how close in age they are...I hate how far apart in age they are...by the time Dominic (my son) is old enough to really play Kayla (step daughter) will have grown out of that and will be into "Tween" stuff like makeup and boys or whatever....makes me sad

michellej428
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Ds is 5 next week and we will be starting to ttc again in may or June. Not sure yet, had a mc in sept so I'm giving myself time, just not ready to start trying again yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grumpyboston
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Yes I was my children are 20,15,13.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yea that was my thought process as well. I want any other children I have to have a close relationship with their brother but at the same time if I wait too long they won't have anything in common at all. :(

Quoting kelly617:

Well I have a step daughter that is going to be 8 next week...and my son is going to turn 1 in 2wks....unfortunately I didn't have control over how close in age they are...I hate how far apart in age they are...by the time Dominic (my son) is old enough to really play Kayla (step daughter) will have grown out of that and will be into "Tween" stuff like makeup and boys or whatever....makes me sad

SexyDiva19
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Do you have any issues such as PCOS, endo, etc.?

Quoting 31curious:

I have 12, 4 year old and i'm trying to conceive my third. As you know life sometimes has other plans and you have no choice on the age gap..I i was hoping this would have been a few years ago..but been ttc over 3 years.

31curious
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

no, i don't. I had at ectopic in april 2010 that ruptured my right tube, and am now on clomid. My two girls have different dads and it took one year to have my youngest.

gchorses4life
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM

my son will be 6 in January and im 13 weeks 2 days today.He will be 6 by the time this one comes of course and I also have pcos.it took over 2 years to get pregnant with this baby and the only thing that worked for me was vitex drops so if you do have trouble when the time comes maybe try something all natural.

bry36
by Becky on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I have a 12 yr old and TTC #2 I am 36 never thought I wanted another one now I do badly LOL and we have been TTC for 19 cycles I wish I would have started much sooner if I realized how each month it seems like my time to get PG seems to be slipping away each month

Mrs.Greco
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I have a five year old son and I just ditched my Mirena last week. Hubby and I don't want our kids a decade apart...if we can help it, that is. We'll see how it goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN