Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Trying to concieve 2nd child with another child 5+ years older?

Posted by   + Show Post

So I am not actively TTC but I do have a ds who is 7 (will be 8 in January) I was wondering if any of you ladies were thinking about TTC or actively TTC with an older child. I am 24 and currently not in a relationship so I don't know if I'll ever get those 2 or 3 more kids that I want but I don't want to wait until ds is in middle school or beyond to think about having another one you know?

Also, I do have PCOS so I know TTC *if I ever start* will be a little difficult. Since I am currently single I am trying to work on my weight and diet.

So what about you ladies?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Replies (41-50):
SexyDiva19
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:53 AM

How old are you? This is another one of my worries as well. I'm worried that if I wait too long then once in a relationship I will be consumed with getting pregnant. Why the age gap? Do you have any reproductive issues?

Quoting jcmom10:

My son is 7 and i'm ttc. I never realized how hard it would be to conceive. It's very discouraging when you think u are and the test comes out negative. Been trying for almost a year now......i think we will stop "trying" and just see if it happens. It seems to consume my mind and maybe i just need to relax and it will happen.

PensFan99
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:56 AM
I am 37, DS is 9 and i have been ttc for almost 4 years now. No health reasons why i am not getting pregnant. Only reason they can think is that i am overweight. Hard to loose weight when you are stressed over ttc...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcmom10
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Quoting SexyDiva19:

How old are you? This is another one of my worries as well. I'm worried that if I wait too long then once in a relationship I will be consumed with getting pregnant. Why the age gap? Do you have any reproductive issues?

Quoting jcmom10:

My son is 7 and i'm ttc. I never realized how hard it would be to conceive. It's very discouraging when you think u are and the test comes out negative. Been trying for almost a year now......i think we will stop "trying" and just see if it happens. It seems to consume my mind and maybe i just need to relax and it will happen.

I'm 32. I don't have any issues that I'm aware of. As far as the age gap, I don't know. I was fine with just one child and he never showed interest in having a brother until about age 6 and i think it came from his friends at school talking about having brothers or sisters. Then out the blue last year my husband goes - let's have another baby.....so i kept putting it off wanting to finish school and get established at work and pay off bills but i realized if i kept doing that i'd be 50 before i'd be ready!!!!! So last december i decided to have my IUD removed and started trying but nothing has happened yet. I really thought it would be easier than this.

jcmom10
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Quoting PensFan99:

I am 37, DS is 9 and i have been ttc for almost 4 years now. No health reasons why i am not getting pregnant. Only reason they can think is that i am overweight. Hard to loose weight when you are stressed over ttc...

I have begin to wonder if it's my weight also! I terrified of getting pregnant and gaining more weight. I've been trying to lose weight for a few months now but your right - the stress of everyday life and ttc isn't helping at all!!! Good luck to u!

SexyDiva19
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Quoting PensFan99:

How tall are you and how much do weigh? I agree that my weight is a major factor is my stress levels.

PensFan99
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:49 PM
260 lbs 5'2"

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting PensFan99:

How tall are you and how much do weigh? I agree that my weight is a major factor is my stress levels.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Oh. I'm 5'2 as well and I weigh 175 pounds. Have you tried myfitnesspal?

Quoting PensFan99:

260 lbs 5'2"

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Quoting PensFan99:

smurfy88
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM
I have a 5 year old and might be pregnant with #2
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SexyDiva19
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Are you wanting to be pregnant? Congrats if you are!

Quoting smurfy88:

I have a 5 year old and might be pregnant with #2

meg4763
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

DS is almost six, and we have been TTC for over three yrs now. I am currently two days late and praying for a BFP!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN