Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clomid and metformin???

Posted by   + Show Post
Hello ladies! I have pcos, ttc for a year and just finished a round of provera to induce a period. Will be starting first round of clomid 50mg starting day 3-7. I have been on metformin for 3 months and continue to take it. I am suppose to use prometrium starting 2 days after ovulation. What are some success stories about using this medicine combination??? Does it work better than clomid alone?? How many cycles did it take and at what doseage??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Replies (11-13):
sasttc1
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM
There can be some bad side effects but I know some are reversible. Like overstimulation. For me however idk if I have ovulated on the 50 mg I took opks from day 10-16 which were all negative but on cd 18-currently cd 22 my nipples have been very sensitive and hurt. Not my boobs just nipples. I have also had some abdominal pain and cramping in the ovary are that started around ce 18 as well. I have til cd 35 before my Dr wants me to call with n answer to what a hpt says and whether or not af has showed her ugly face so she knows where to go whether refill the 50 mg or to increase to 100mg I have also been a lot more irritable and annoyed since about cd 18

Quoting CaGrider1992:

Hi, I also have PCOS and have now for 10 months and I have taken metformin since I was diagnosed. I have not taken any of the ther meds yet But I would also ike to know if they work. My fiance and I have been TTC since Aug of last year. I would probably stay on the metformin for a bit longer. Idk if 3 months is very long for all your hormones to come back to normal.. I also took the Provera tho when I first got diagnosed and it indeed worked.  I think I may ask the Dr about putting me on Clomid tho, Is there any negative things about it?Jw                 I wish u the best of luck! 

CaGrider1992
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 3:21 PM

So yeah maybe a baby! yay! But yeah I was jw about the clomid 50mg. Idk if my dr will perscribe me w it now or not. I kinda wanna try it but then I also kinda wanna see what natural ways will work if any do. yk. I think I am going to start keeping track of my days and temps and see what comes of that and then go to dr for clomid.. I wish u the best of luck. Keep us posted! :) Thanks again.

sasttc1
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I will cd 35 is next weekend...its taking forever to get here! Idk I have a feeling ill need the doseage upped to 100mg but then again idk bc of my nipples hurting
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured