Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Contractions 5 min apart but no pain??

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I am supposed to be a birthing assistant for a friend. I consider myself pretty educated about pregnancy and delivery. But she has me baffled right now LOL. She is having contractions 5 min apt, she can tell by her stomach tightning, pressure, and a slight back ache. But she has no pain at all. She was 3 cm dilated as of 3am when she went to the hospital because she was leaking what she thought was amniotic fluid. They said her water is buldged but not leaking. So any thoughts?? Do you think she can be in active labor without being in pain. Or is it a rare false labor with regular contractions?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeandlove17
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Bump btw the nurses had to tell me I was getting contractions at 9cm so some women aren't in pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Thanks for sharing. I told her she may just be one of those blessed women LOL I deliver quickly but its very painful. So I admire pain free deliveries. LOL Her and her Hubby have been in town for a few hrs. She said they are gonna go see a movie and see if the contractions get closer together or more intense. Either way they will get checked out before she makes the hr drive home. I told her that was her best bet. It will ease her mind. She wants a natural delivery but she is worried about delivering at home. On the other hand she is worried about going to the hospital too early and ending up induced or with a c-section.

Quoting hopeandlove17:

Bump btw the nurses had to tell me I was getting contractions at 9cm so some women aren't in pain

lovinthislife08
by Tiffanee on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My mil was like that. She had contractions and no pain so yeah, it's possible.

hopeandlove17
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Your welcome and I can totally understand her feelings on those two

Quoting NoraDun:

Thanks for sharing. I told her she may just be one of those blessed women LOL I deliver quickly but its very painful. So I admire pain free deliveries. LOL Her and her Hubby have been in town for a few hrs. She said they are gonna go see a movie and see if the contractions get closer together or more intense. Either way they will get checked out before she makes the hr drive home. I told her that was her best bet. It will ease her mind. She wants a natural delivery but she is worried about delivering at home. On the other hand she is worried about going to the hospital too early and ending up induced or with a c-section.

Quoting hopeandlove17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sdsrusso
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM
I dont ever have pain . The only way I ever know its the real deal.is if I have a slight pressure in my back. I always have back labor. I couldn't tell if I was ready with my youngest. Got to the hospital and I was already an 8. I never feel "pain" until my water breaks.
dj_kern
by Silver Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Some ladies will dialate and not feel a thing. 

drmmrgrltg
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I was having pretty strong contractions that I did not feel at all when I was in labor. When my water broke is when I finally felt pain with my contractions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Sounds like prodromal labor...........it isn't considered active but isnt really false either, its sorta that in the middle because it can VERY slowly make you dialate so it isn't really unprogressive but we are talking 1cm over a few days type progression. The more children you've had the longer it can last, MOST women dont notice it with a 1st if they have it at all.

I had promdromal labor for the majority of 6 wks with Dd, badly for the last 5-6 days before having her, they were incredibly tight & caused me lots of pressure but didn't really hurt.........they did however get me to 4.5cm before ACTIVE labor started so then my labor was super quick & all the practice made my uterus super strong my OB said because my contractions were abnormally strong & barely let up at all!

Abee2202
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM
I had contractions with my first that were 6-10min non stop for 36h straight at home. When I went in I was 7cm. I wouldn't have called them terribly painful. I had cramps from af worse then that. It wasn't until I hit 5min apart it started to be hard to breath and walk and even then I walked into the hospital, just slowly...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I had contractions w my first after I was on piticin and they never hurt at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)