Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone suffer from anxiety?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 27 Replies
I suffer from anxiety and have for a very long time. Lately it has been really bad. My doctor just upped my dose of Xanax and told me to take it twice a day. I normally only take it occasionally. The same thing happened before I got pregnant with my DD and the severe anxiety went away when I was pregnant. I'm just so worried about taking the Xanax. I'm 3DPO now and I'm going to take it as long as I need it until I get a BFP. Anyone else dealing with anxiety issues??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_jessika
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I have very bad anxiety to the point I went to the hospital because I felt I was litterly going to die I take ativan and celexa . The ativan helps for the attacks the celexa I take daily to try and prevent
grumpyboston
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I do my Dr told me it was ok to take it while trying to concieve . Sadly my primary took it away and now I have to try to get it from another Dr . Are you .on the bars 2mg twice a day .I found if I took it at night I was good for the whole day . I built it up in my systems so that one was good .

Quoting Rachelz123:

I suffer from anxiety and have for a very long time. Lately it has been really bad. My doctor just upped my dose of Xanax and told me to take it twice a day. I normally only take it occasionally. The same thing happened before I got pregnant with my DD and the severe anxiety went away when I was pregnant. I'm just so worried about taking the Xanax. I'm 3DPO now and I'm going to take it as long as I need it until I get a BFP. Anyone else dealing with anxiety issues??
amy31308
by Ashlee on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I do and quit taking my meds for it. Ive heard it can have negative effects ttc. I was on celexa and Xanax. Mine is mostly social and "test" anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I'm only on 1mg twice a day now. It was 0.5mg three times a day which I never took. I just took it when needed. But I think I need to take it daily. The palpitations are getting bad. I'm so glad I'm not alone.

Quoting grumpyboston:

I do my Dr told me it was ok to take it while trying to concieve . Sadly my primary took it away and now I have to try to get it from another Dr . Are you .on the bars 2mg twice a day .I found if I took it at night I was good for the whole day . I built it up in my systems so that one was good .

Quoting Rachelz123:

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM
It is so scary sometimes. I can remember being a child and having a panic attack and thinking I was having a heart attack and was going to die.

Quoting mommy_jessika:

I have very bad anxiety to the point I went to the hospital because I felt I was litterly going to die I take ativan and celexa . The ativan helps for the attacks the celexa I take daily to try and prevent

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I think right now I need to control the anxiety until I get my BFP. Too much stress isn't good either. Damn why does this have I be so hard?

Quoting amy31308:

I do and quit taking my meds for it. Ive heard it can have negative effects ttc. I was on celexa and Xanax. Mine is mostly social and "test" anxiety.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I think each of us has to decide what is right. And you're right- too much stress isn't good. I don't have it bad. My husband has really bad anxiety over everything. If I had his anxiety I don't know if I'd be able to handle not being on meds. We all know what we can handle and what we can't. You have to do what is best for you. Sorry if I came off saying something else. I was mobile and I hate responding mobile. lol

I hope it gets better for you!

Quoting Rachelz123:

I think right now I need to control the anxiety until I get my BFP. Too much stress isn't good either. Damn why does this have I be so hard?

Quoting amy31308:

sonemi828
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:20 PM
I have anxiety as well, i was given xanax but i've learned how to deal with it so i just stopped taking the meds. U can get addicted to those meds so i preffer not to take them and learned different ways and things to do when i feel like im gonna have an attack.
Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no Hun you didn't come off bad. Like you said everyone I different. It's good to hear how others are dealing with it.

Quoting amy31308:

I think each of us has to decide what is right. And you're right- too much stress isn't good. I don't have it bad. My husband has really bad anxiety over everything. If I had his anxiety I don't know if I'd be able to handle not being on meds. We all know what we can handle and what we can't. You have to do what is best for you. Sorry if I came off saying something else. I was mobile and I hate responding mobile. lol

I hope it gets better for you!

Quoting Rachelz123:

Quoting amy31308:

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Can you share some of the ways you deal with it. If you don't mind.

Quoting sonemi828:

I have anxiety as well, i was given xanax but i've learned how to deal with it so i just stopped taking the meds. U can get addicted to those meds so i preffer not to take them and learned different ways and things to do when i feel like im gonna have an attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN