Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone suffer from anxiety?

Posted by   + Show Post
I suffer from anxiety and have for a very long time. Lately it has been really bad. My doctor just upped my dose of Xanax and told me to take it twice a day. I normally only take it occasionally. The same thing happened before I got pregnant with my DD and the severe anxiety went away when I was pregnant. I'm just so worried about taking the Xanax. I'm 3DPO now and I'm going to take it as long as I need it until I get a BFP. Anyone else dealing with anxiety issues??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Replies (21-27):
angelbaby8486
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM
I have suffered from anxiety and depression since I was a child. After I had my dd who is now #2 my anxiety got really bad.I started going to counseling and seeing a psychiatrist. Long story short I started taking Zoloft and continued.seeing my counselor and psychiatrist until I eventually wanted to ween off of my meds after 2 years to ttc. So I slowly weened off of them with the guidance of my psychiatrist and still continue counseling. I have read a lot of books that help me with the minimal anxiety I have left. One is called mindfulness. Absolutely amazing. Another is called how to stop worrying and start living by dale carnige... When I feel anxiety coming on I ask myself is there anything I can do right now this very second to help what I am worrying about. If I am able to do that I will if not. Tha thought of worry is nothing. It means nothing. Feel free to pm me if u need :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM

i have severe anxiety "episodes" they come and go throughout the day, and i find myself completely over tired at the end of a day from having them.. i take medication for it but i have been only taking 1/4 of my recommended does as needed to try and take myself off of them.. i don't want to end up having to go from my recommeded dose to none.. i did that with my second daughter and my anxiety skyrocketed... so this time i am taking a different approach to see if it would make it any easier.... i wish you the best on this journey, i know for a fact it can be super hard.. and like Sonemi said.. try different ways to try to get through the hard times.. i know if i stay away from caffiene, intake a ton of water, eat regularly, and go for a daily walk, it helps me out a ton! good luck! :)

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM
I never have. Does it work?

Quoting mdcountrygirl05:

Have you tried acupuncture?

mdcountrygirl05
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:44 PM

It can help with a large variety of things from pain to anxiety to infertility. You should definitely try it!

ilovekeith12
by Sara on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I have had it for 20 years and when im preg its gets soooo bad . This dr wont let me take xanax . I have to just  try and deal with the celexa. I had to take xanax with my daughter the whole time . Hope its gets better for you . Mine doesnt tell after i had my babies .

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:33 AM
I hope you feel better.

Quoting ilovekeith12:

I have had it for 20 years and when im preg its gets soooo bad . This dr wont let me take xanax . I have to just  try and deal with the celexa. I had to take xanax with my daughter the whole time . Hope its gets better for you . Mine doesnt tell after i had my babies .

bookworm97
by Kelly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Just a bit of advice.....if you are prescribed an anti-anxiety med, you should be taking it daily (or however your doc prescribes its to you), and shouldn't just take it occasionally. The med is presribed in a certain dosage and on a certain schedule because it needs to build up in your system and then regulates the hormone/chemical imbalances in your brain which cause anxiety issues/disorders. And if you've been taking them regularly, you really shouldn't just stop taking the meds. It should be a gradual ween off of them (or however your doctor advises and also should be supervising you while you go off of them). Going off of them suddenly can cause a severe rebound effect---meaning you can bounce back into a state of anxiety and/or depression which may be worse than when you went on the meds. This does not happen to everyone, but it CAN happen, so just better safe than sorry. 

All that being said, I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. A lot of people in my family suffer from anxiety or depression (or both) and I've presonally had to battle these feelings off and on for years. It's never gotten so severe that I've needed medical help, but I've been close a few times. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.....and get that BFP soon! ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)