Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone suffer from anxiety?

Posted by   + Show Post
I suffer from anxiety and have for a very long time. Lately it has been really bad. My doctor just upped my dose of Xanax and told me to take it twice a day. I normally only take it occasionally. The same thing happened before I got pregnant with my DD and the severe anxiety went away when I was pregnant. I'm just so worried about taking the Xanax. I'm 3DPO now and I'm going to take it as long as I need it until I get a BFP. Anyone else dealing with anxiety issues??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
sonemi828
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I do yoga, meditation, when I feel like im gonna have an attack i tell myself this is just an anxiety attack, take a deep breath and let it out slowly or I'll call my bestfriend and we'll just talk about anything till I start to feel better. I use to get them really bad, was taking Xanax 3x a day and when I read up on the side effects of the meds and knowing that u can get addicted to them, i just didnt want to take the meds anymore.
Lady317
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I suffer from it. It started about 5 years ago. I also have heart palpations with it. It is awful to deal with. I was taking zoloft and valium to deal with it. About three weeks before my positive pregnancy test I had gone off all meds. During the pregnacy my heart palpations stopped and so did my anxiety. Then I had a miscarriage on Oct 27th. It's been 21 days since my loss and I just went and refilled my zoloft. I am having some anxiety but no longer having palpatations thank the good Lord. It's a horrible thing to live with. Prayer helps me to cope when I am feeling overwhelmed.

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Thank you for sharing. I'm will try some of those.

Quoting sonemi828:

I do yoga, meditation, when I feel like im gonna have an attack i tell myself this is just an anxiety attack, take a deep breath and let it out slowly or I'll call my bestfriend and we'll just talk about anything till I start to feel better. I use to get them really bad, was taking Xanax 3x a day and when I read up on the side effects of the meds and knowing that u can get addicted to them, i just didnt want to take the meds anymore.

sonemi828
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM
You're welcome. : )
Rachelz123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that didn't help with the anxiety. I hope you feel better.

Quoting Lady317:

I suffer from it. It started about 5 years ago. I also have heart palpations with it. It is awful to deal with. I was taking zoloft and valium to deal with it. About three weeks before my positive pregnancy test I had gone off all meds. During the pregnacy my heart palpations stopped and so did my anxiety. Then I had a miscarriage on Oct 27th. It's been 21 days since my loss and I just went and refilled my zoloft. I am having some anxiety but no longer having palpatations thank the good Lord. It's a horrible thing to live with. Prayer helps me to cope when I am feeling overwhelmed.

Lady317
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Thank you, it's been a tough time for sure. I have a 10 year old son from a previous relationship. I was 18 when he was born. I married my husband when ds was 2 1/2 years old. he is a wonderful daddy. We have been trying since may of 05. We are both 28 years old. When we finally became pregnant I was in shock, I never dreamed it was going to happen. It has made my anxiety come back for sure, the panic attacks. I get very overwhelmed far easier than before. No heart palpatations though... that would be awful. I went and got the zoloft tonight debating on whether I should take it or not. I am not currently taking he valium. I had to have it before pregnancy and now I just don't. It's not an all day panic like before now it's just if I get overwhelmed.

Quoting Rachelz123:

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure that didn't help with the anxiety. I hope you feel better.

Quoting Lady317:

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I had anxiety before I got pregnant with my son....but since then I haven't needed my meds...apparently the pregnancy hormones really agree with me...I felt GREAT!
My body is usually backwards so I wasn't surprised...most ladies that already suffer from anxiety/depression seem to get bad PPD...I didn't have it at all...

Rachelz123
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way. When I was pregnant with my DD I felt amazing. No anxiety at all. And thankfully I didn't suffer from PPD. I think the hormones worked in my favor.

Quoting kelly617:

I had anxiety before I got pregnant with my son....but since then I haven't needed my meds...apparently the pregnancy hormones really agree with me...I felt GREAT!
My body is usually backwards so I wasn't surprised...most ladies that already suffer from anxiety/depression seem to get bad PPD...I didn't have it at all...

tristahope
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I have anxiety very bad with everything and I get very over whelmed at some points. I also have lots of panic attacks. My doctor just changed my meds to Wellbutrin 150mg two times a day. I have only been on this for about 2 weeks so I think this is going to help. I was also told by my doctor that is anxiety medicine is safe for trying to conceive and to take while pregnant.

Hope all you ladies get to feeling better & baby dust to you all! :)
mdcountrygirl05
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Have you tried acupuncture?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)