Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

UPDATE X2: Someone please help!! (Mc mention)

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok... So I'm just gonna spill everything and hope someone can tell me something...

Lmp: sept 25

Average cycle: 35ish days

Sex: oct 9-13

Bfp: first day of missed period (oct 29)

Normal stuff... No cramping, spotting nothing...

First obgyn nov 9. All looked good. Std test, external palp, cervix check.

Wednesday nov 14, went for first sono... Here's where we have issues... Gestational sac found, nothing in it. Hcg done... Results 4,444.

Still no cramping, or bleeding....

Test done again nov 16 (still waiting for results- appt Monday)

Found a preg test and peed (very little urine as I'd peed recently, and at 8pm)... Very dark instant positive.

Thoughts??? I'm going nuts waiting!!! No one I know but my mil has been here (she got very upset when my dh told her what was going on- I think her own mc was traumatic for her as it was 32 years ago and she teared up as he was talking to her) so I don't want to ask her a ton of questions and upset her.

Ask anything and I will tell you all I know.... Please!!

Update: numbers went up (encouraging).... May have dates off by a week, which means it may be too early to see anything. Ultrasound tomorrow (Tuesday).... May still be pregnant. 

Update 2: hgc still going up, still nothing on the ultrasound... Still no cramping or bleeding. Next ultrasound a week from Thursday....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Replies (41-50):
terpmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Thanks ladies... I have hope now, I thought it was for sure over... I'll update Monday afternoon...
lbrummett
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:19 PM
That would make it much easier:)

Quoting amc103:

Im sure its an accurate sign from our bodies, (just like EWCM and other signs) but (Im sure some will disagree with me) it still isnt a guarentee of when that egg pops, in my opinion. :-/ That's why they say you're more likely to get pregnant if you're BD'ing every 2-3 days throughout your whole cycle and not just around ovulation time. I wish we had some kind of announcement from our bodies that was 100 percent, like (I heard someone else say this) having our belly buttons pop out when the egg is released! LOL! :-)

Quoting lbrummett:

I thought temping was an accurate way to tell when you O'd. Even my obgyn said I had great ovulation charts.

Quoting amc103:

You could just be too early, like PP's said. The fact is that no woman ever will know exactly when she ovulates. We look for signs from our bodies, but we can never have offical confirmation. That being said, I bet you're still just early on in the pregnancy. :-) Get an HCG redraw and another scan. I hope it turns out well for you! HUGS!

SullyCat86
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Up until I was 8 weeks they told me blighted ovum.  I am 17 weeks now with a bouncy baby girl.

terpmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I would love to be you!

Quoting SullyCat86:

Up until I was 8 weeks they told me blighted ovum.  I am 17 weeks now with a bouncy baby girl.

uriahadel
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I had the same exact thing happen to me... also they saw was the sac and I had very little spotting and a lot of cramping, but all they saw was the sac... they scheduled another appointment for me to come back and see if my pregnancy was viable... I switch doctors cause I told him from the blood test as the doctors office that is was too early but he didn't believe me...

She is now 2 years old... your numbers are rising... you are not miscarrying, and if I were you, I would switch doctors cause he or she obviously don't know what they are doing... it is way too early to tell... I have a sono with just the sac... two weeks later, I have another sono with a baby in the sac, and my doctor who was my doctor with my first preg told me it didn't look like my preg was even viable, but she is now two and running around... don't let them scare you until you know for sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:21 PM
I just added the dates... from the time you had sex you was only between four to five weeks pregnant when they did the sono, the same amount of weeks I was when they first did my sono and all they saw was the sac... honey you need a different doctor.... I just went back through my calendar and added up the dates, and that was where they went wrong with my due date... they kept going back to my last period and adding on two weeks but my blood test was taking off 3 weeks and when they did the sono, they said I was miscarrying but for some reason I knew I wasn't, and I got a different doctor... she scheduled another ultrasound two weeks later and we saw a baby in the sac... add up the dates and go back to when you had sex and you don't know the exact day so it will show between four and five weeks, that is the weeks I came up with which is too early to see anything except for a sac on an ultrasound
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I love my doc because they are very blunt. That being said they do have me coming in for more tests (waiting on the second hgc) and haven't ruled it put but aren't being all sunshine and rainbows about it. I like their honesty. No one is pressuring me to do anything.

Thank you for your story, it gives me hope!

Quoting uriahadel:

I had the same exact thing happen to me... also they saw was the sac and I had very little spotting and a lot of cramping, but all they saw was the sac... they scheduled another appointment for me to come back and see if my pregnancy was viable... I switch doctors cause I told him from the blood test as the doctors office that is was too early but he didn't believe me...

She is now 2 years old... your numbers are rising... you are not miscarrying, and if I were you, I would switch doctors cause he or she obviously don't know what they are doing... it is way too early to tell... I have a sono with just the sac... two weeks later, I have another sono with a baby in the sac, and my doctor who was my doctor with my first preg told me it didn't look like my preg was even viable, but she is now two and running around... don't let them scare you until you know for sure

terpmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Bump for update
mommyof2kids306
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Prayers

Quoting terpmama:

Ok... So I'm just gonna spill everything and hope someone can tell me something...

Lmp: sept 25

Average cycle: 35ish days

Sex: oct 9-13

Bfp: first day of missed period (oct 29)

Normal stuff... No cramping, spotting nothing...

First obgyn nov 9. All looked good. Std test, external palp, cervix check.

Wednesday nov 14, went for first sono... Here's where we have issues... Gestational sac found, nothing in it. Hcg done... Results 4,444.

Still no cramping, or bleeding....

Test done again nov 16 (still waiting for results- appt Monday)

Found a preg test and peed (very little urine as I'd peed recently, and at 8pm)... Very dark instant positive.

Thoughts??? I'm going nuts waiting!!! No one I know but my mil has been here (she got very upset when my dh told her what was going on- I think her own mc was traumatic for her as it was 32 years ago and she teared up as he was talking to her) so I don't want to ask her a ton of questions and upset her.

Ask anything and I will tell you all I know.... Please!!

Update: numbers went up (encouraging).... May have dates off by a week, which means it may be too early to see anything. Ultrasound tomorrow (Thursday).... May still be pregnant. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovebugbaby
by Coty on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Fingers crossed that your still preggers!!!!! What an amazing Thanksgiving gift =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)