Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

femara question!?!?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm taking femara this cycle again. Last cycle I didn't take it but the one before I did and I thought it would end with a bfp but it didn't :-/ is it safe if I take femara this cycle and next if I don't end up pregnant by the end of this cycle??
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RubyMom0526
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yes I'm on my second round.  Just take a test to confirm you are not PG

nangel4u
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Quoting RubyMom0526:

ok I was just trying to make sure because of the possibility of the meds causing cysts and heard people skip everyother cycle but Im just tired of waiting and wanna see a bfp already lol!! Good luck to you, what CD are you on?
RubyMom0526
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I have had a cyst since June.  It is not caused by the drugs.  I just had my IUI.  I'm on CD16.  I got a positive OPK on cd14

Quoting nangel4u:

Quoting RubyMom0526:

ok I was just trying to make sure because of the possibility of the meds causing cysts and heard people skip everyother cycle but Im just tired of waiting and wanna see a bfp already lol!! Good luck to you, what CD are you on?

kajira
by Emma on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Femera is safe to take each cycle, you just need to confirmy ou aren't pregnant before you start it again. Unlike clomid it's actually safer because it doesn't buildup in your system each month and go over months. It's half lfie is about 48 hours after the last pill.

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:12 PM
My doctor will let me take femara up to 3 cycles in a row, then a break for a month with birth control pills, then 3 more cycles. That's it, 6 months total.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nangel4u
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Quoting RubyMom0526:

oh yea I remember your post :0) good luck this cycle!!! Did your doctor do anything to try and make the cyst smaller? I have pcos and have cysts on both ovaries :-(
nangel4u
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Quoting Dani1009:

My doctor will let me take femara up to 3 cycles in a row, then a break for a month with birth control pills, then 3 more cycles. That's it, 6 months total.

oh well I wished I would have taken it last cycle but its ok...I'm on it now so hopefully it helps :0) good luck to u!!
RubyMom0526
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad my dr lets me do it longer.  But I am only on the lowest dose these two months, no break for me

Quoting nangel4u:

Quoting Dani1009:

oh well I wished I would have taken it last cycle but its ok...I'm on it now so hopefully it helps :0) good luck to u!!

RubyMom0526
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Nope.  It is like a skin tag and will go away or stay.  It doesn't affect you getting PG or not.  As long as it doesn't have any thing flowing or little dots in it, it is fine.  Mine is just a complete circle. Normal

Quoting nangel4u:

Quoting RubyMom0526:

oh yea I remember your post :0) good luck this cycle!!! Did your doctor do anything to try and make the cyst smaller? I have pcos and have cysts on both ovaries :-(

RubyMom0526
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

What dose are you,taking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)