Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Opinions on Prenatal Vitamins

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my DH and I are TTC. I recently had a MC. I have been told, before I was TTC, that taking prenatal vitamins makes you more fertile. Does anyone think this is true or if it is beneficial for me to take them? My husband has been wanting kids for a while but I wasnt ready. Once I was it was more like if it happened, it happened, if not then oh well. Since I MC I have been a little obsessed about what I can do to increase my chances. Also has anyone else felt this way after a MC or am I just crazy? Opnions please!!!!!

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
grumpyboston
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM
My.Dr told me it gets your body health also omega 3 and b12 . I like brain strong it has a dha . And your not crazy a lot of us do it as well . Im always lookin for ways to increase my chances
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
I took them and prior to ivf I was prescribed them to give my body the best chance of keeping the baby and I'm pregnant with my second, so something to it a little bit anyway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferw10
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Yes prenatals help your body prepare for pregnancy as well as the vitamins get essential nutrients/vitamins into your system to help baby during first trimester. I take the One-A-Day prenatals which are allergen free and easy to swallow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Yes, taking prenatals is great for your body & baby when TTC.......I start usually a few months before we even start TTC to get my body as healthy as possible first. I take gel prenatals w/ DHA from walmart since DHA is good for brain & eye development too!

angela84
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Ive been taking folic acid for months but want to swap it out for a prenatal. I actually went to Walmart yesterday to pick up my asthma perscription inhaler and asked the pharmacist about prenatals and advice on which one I should get. She was so nice and came from behind the counter to the vitamin aisle talk to me about the different options. She said that the brand you choose should have the USP quality seal which means that the company has to go through quality control that ensures that the percent of ingredients that is on the label is actually what is in them. She actually suggested a brand that Walmart doesn't even carry so I didn't end up buying them yesterday. She suggested the Nature made brand.

Lola91011
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I got some prenatal vitamins the other day but they are the CVS brand. They have exactly the same ingrdients as the One-A-Day prenatals.  

Quoting jenniferw10:

Yes prenatals help your body prepare for pregnancy as well as the vitamins get essential nutrients/vitamins into your system to help baby during first trimester. I take the One-A-Day prenatals which are allergen free and easy to swallow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)