Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Laparoscopy Jitters

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

My second attempt at IUI was a bust so I decided to change doctors and reevaluate my "project preggers" strategy.  My new doctor wants to start from scratch and get an understanding of my lady parts before we start.  Unfortunately, this means I have tosit out this cycle and get a laparoscopy procedure done to make sure there are no problems or blockage.  I also have a small fibroid, which the surgeon might remove if it is easily accessible while they are exploring. My big issues..1. I have no idea what to expect. Does it hurt? Will I have much down time? 2.  I hate the I will be alone going thru this..(single mom of one adopted daughter, using donor sperm, living in India, family and friends in the states).  

Any word of advice and encouragement will be greatly appreciated..

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
grumpyboston
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Good luck no larapscopy surgery is very quick not much down time its just three little holes . Glad you found a new Dr you like . It's great he wants to explore he might find something the other Dr may have not . And he may know more then other Dr .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM

I don't know, but good luck. I'm sorry you have to go through this alone. We will all be there with you! I hope you get some responses soon. Good luck!

DACIA79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I had mine done to remove a large ovarian cyst . The first 24 hours was bad after then I felt fine a week later we were running around the zoo.

I would prepare lots of meals in advance so you can rest as much a possible when you come home. You may have some bleeding like a period for a couple of days .

Since you will be by yourself I would ask for pain meds that wont make you to sleepy.

sloppyjo82
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I had a lap, hysteroscopy and d&c done this past Sept. They ended up doing 2 small inscisions, one in the belly button and one off to the left of the belly button. Depending on what they find you could end up with up to 4 inscissions. I would highly reccomend a the doc offering a zantac before the procedure as it helps with the pressure from the gas later on. I would say 3-4 days down time would be sufficient. I would make sure you have prepared meals if you are by yourself, peppermints (I had nausea  and head from anethesia), pads and loose fitting pajama bottoms. Just relax, it really isn't as bad as it sounds! Good luck lady!

Jmhzlnt
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Thanks for the awesome advice ladies! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN