Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

RH negative question

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have been trying to call my dr & my sons dr...everyone just keeps putting me on hold and telling me to call tomorrow.
So I figured I might get answers here.

I am RH-. Not sure my exact blood type.
My sons blood type is A-. Don't know his RH factor.
Totally have no idea about DH anymore. I did when I was pregnant 6 years ago.

Anyway. I was looking up things and realized I didn't get a rohgram (sp?) shot after my miscarrage 6 months ago.
I'm totally freaking out now. Hence why I'm impatient with these drs right now)

If my son was A- he was ok, right? Because we were both negative? I am not 100% sure...but thought I remember them saying his blood and mine were comparable so I wouldn't have built antibodies.
So would my next kids be the same you think?
Sorry, I know you might not know...but even a bump would help?
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsMatthew
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:04 PM

The Rh factor is the + or -. So yes, since you and your son are both Rh-, he is fine. If he was your first pregnancy, you shouldn't have built antibodies yet at all. However, if your DH is +, there is a chance with every pregnancy that the baby will be +. If DH is -, there is no way for any baby to be + so there would be no issue. If your DH is +, you will need RhoGam. But, maybe DH is - and it's in a medical file and that's why they didn't give you RhoGam? Did all of that make sense? It's confusing, I know.

If your DH is +, you should have gotten RhoGam after your miscarriage.

candicefield
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Exactly this.

Quoting MrsMatthew:

The Rh factor is the + or -. So yes, since you and your son are both Rh-, he is fine. If he was your first pregnancy, you shouldn't have built antibodies yet at all. However, if your DH is +, there is a chance with every pregnancy that the baby will be +. If DH is -, there is no way for any baby to be + so there would be no issue. If your DH is +, you will need RhoGam. But, maybe DH is - and it's in a medical file and that's why they didn't give you RhoGam? Did all of that make sense? It's confusing, I know.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Y2kmomma
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
It does make sense.

I didn't go to the dr. It was a chemical pregnancy.
I totally forgot about the RH thing. I happen to read something online that reminded me of it, months AFTER my chemical pregnancy.

Quoting MrsMatthew:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I am O- & have miscarried twice. I was never offered a rhogam shot. From all the research I've done, I think you will be totally fine. The baby has to be far enough along to have developed a heartbeat and blood supply. Without this, there is no baby's blood to mix with yours. Since your miscarriage was incredibly early, its unlikely that you were exposed to any blood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN