Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

its never gonna happen for me

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm starting to think that its never going to happen for me. I'm pretty sure that I got my period. Its spotty but I doubt its implantation at 13dpo. I just dont wanna do this anymore. I can do one more round of fertility meds but I feel like, why bother? I really believe it will never happen. My obgyn told me at the last appointment to start looking into adoption and I had less than 5% chance. I even tried the physics on cafemom and they said it was a "lack of girlie part hydration". Wtf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mom2five87
by Jennifer on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Don't give up hope! Doctors don't know everything!

mama2gg
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I've been there and when i DID stop I got my rainbow baby ALL is possible!

kelly617
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

If you think it might be a problem of hydration try pre-see its a sperm friendly lubricant

Don't give up if this is really what you want! Has your doctor given you a reason why they think you have such a small chance of concieving?

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too. I know its frustrating to hear, but sometimes the solution is to stop trying without giving up.

Quoting mama2gg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

omg I hate to hear to when I was TTC however it was TOTALLY the truth

Quoting MommyAddie:

Me too. I know its frustrating to hear, but sometimes the solution is to stop trying without giving up.

Quoting mama2gg:

storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I don't really think its that. Just sharing what the psychic said, it kinda annoyed me.

The doctor said if it hasnt happened by now, those are my chances

Quoting kelly617:

If you think it might be a problem of hydration try pre-see its a sperm friendly lubricant

Don't give up if this is really what you want! Has your doctor given you a reason why they think you have such a small chance of concieving?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

that's an aweful feeling. I'm so sorry. Even knowing that doctors can be wrong, it is dejecting to hear such numbers...if you don't mind me asking, what sorts of treatments have you tried? Do you know what is causing the infertility? Can you get a second opinion? (sorry so many questions...I'm sure you've explored everything). The post title made my heart sink. I just know that feeling too well. I'm so sorry...

jenniferw10
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Definitely try Preseed. Highly recommend. Don't give up hope. Go for the meds again and pray. FX!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Bah don't listen to the psychic's...I did it a few times for fun and they were always like "OMG I totally see you pregnant now or next month" and I never was....

So you doc  has NO medical basis for saying you have a small chance of concieving other than "its taking a while"?? WTF thats stupid.....in my opinion you have a great chance of getting pregnant if you have no medical issues. I watched a documentary about getting pregant and it is AMAZING that anyone gets pregnant...the things that have to happen at the exact right moment just to fertilize the egg...its crazy.

I agree with the other ladies...sometimes when you take the stress off and just "see what happens" it happens

Quoting storkneedsgps:

I don't really think its that. Just sharing what the psychic said, it kinda annoyed me.

The doctor said if it hasnt happened by now, those are my chances

Quoting kelly617:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)