Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive
I have been having light spotting since friday, brown blood, tiny bit of red with it.. Not a real period for me. Very unnormal, never had this before. 17Dpo.. Any ideas ladies.. Please help, alittle crampy but nothing unbearable..
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Replies (11-15):
toopicky429
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Ok, this I can explain. Doing an ultrasound while you are on your period or mid-cycle can show where follicles are forming. That does not indicate when or if you will ovulate. It just show follicles. You may not have ovulated yet. Good luck!

Quoting lilmommie0509:

i was off BC for the last 2 1/2 months. i went to the drs while i was lightly on my period on nov 1 and they said i was getting ready to "O" because they did an ultrasound and checked out my ovaries.. they said i would "O" either that nite or the next day. after i 'O' i stopped bleeding on the 3rd.. no sign of bleeding yet until friday and it has only been the brown spotting

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilmommie0509
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

i took one earlier today and it said negative, could the ultrasound tech. miss calculate the day of my "O" and it didnt get released when they think it did so im not as far dpo as i think??

lilmommie0509
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM

the ultrasound tech said that once your follicles reach 24cm is when it bursts and lets go of your egg, she says she messured it and it was about 24cm?? im confused myself

Quoting toopicky429:

Ok, this I can explain. Doing an ultrasound while you are on your period or mid-cycle can show where follicles are forming. That does not indicate when or if you will ovulate. It just show follicles. You may not have ovulated yet. Good luck!

Quoting lilmommie0509:

i was off BC for the last 2 1/2 months. i went to the drs while i was lightly on my period on nov 1 and they said i was getting ready to "O" because they did an ultrasound and checked out my ovaries.. they said i would "O" either that nite or the next day. after i 'O' i stopped bleeding on the 3rd.. no sign of bleeding yet until friday and it has only been the brown spotting

kelly617
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Did you temp or use OPK's this month at all to give you an idea of whats goin on

If you DID O basically while your period was winding down your cycle should be MUCH shorter, not the normal 28day (or whatever your normal is)
Your luteal phase (the time from ovulation until the next period) is basically the same each month..maybe a day or two different...so if you ovulated say cd4....and your normal luteal phase is 14 days you would only have an 18day cycle....
Do you know how long your normal luteal phase is?

lilmommie0509
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Brown spotting has stopped.. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN