Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Pineapple?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

I spoke to my RE nurse about fertility benefits of pineapple, she stated that clinical studies are in the very early stages and said it wouldn't hurt to try. So today I bought pineapple juice and a whole pineapple. Does anyone know which is best and how much is best to help me get my bfp?

ttcTTC #1

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LiLsMaMa21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM

All I know about pineapples is that they are supposed to make your mans stuff taste better...lol. But here's a bump fo you ;)

RubyMom0526
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Not the juice.  Just cut up the whole pineapple, core and all.  Dividie it into five days.  I'm taking it five days starting on the day I had my IUI.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

There are several ladies on the IVF board who used it and got BFP. I did not chance it because pineapple has something in it that can cause contractions so I skipped it. Do a lot of research on it before you eat it. You are suppose to only eat the core nothing else.

4ever_a_memory
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Its supposed to boost your chances but if you eat too much it can change the ph balance down there and work against you.

Silky-Norma
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Thanks ladies for your words of wisdom. It sounds like a balancing act, but after 2 yrs of trying and 1 failed IUI, I think it's worth a try for this IUI.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)