Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Can you see your cervix ? Flash light time :)

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
Okay new leaf .... The anger has disappeared ! I was very disappointed because I started my cycle. Does anyone have any tips with how to see/ feel the cervix? I told my husband last night that he may need to look with flash light :) ! Should I buy the special thermometer too ? We tested my husbands sperm last night. I bought the kit at Walgreens. He is good to go so that's reassuring. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:09 AM

CHeck out the book "Taking charge of your fertility" It describes how to check your cervix. I suggest checking with your fingers and not trying to look. Only because its hard to see a soft cervix KWIM. You can google how to check cervix for ovulation and you will get a million different ideas and discriptions. If you want to see what a cervix looks like during difference stages you can look at beautifulcervix.com.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:39 AM
How long have you been trying? Not so sure I would go by what a seaman test says that was bought at Walgreens no matter how good of feedback it has. I would let my gyno office send it to a lab that can check it correctly. Also check your cervix while your in the shower and I agree look into buying the book. Good luck.
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:43 PM

LOL well SEEING my cervix would take some serious technique involving a mirror, flash light & a 3rd hand to keep my vagina opening OPEN LOL...........

Now 'feeling' my cervix is usually pretty easy, just involves my middle finger & squating or sitting on the toilet LOL ;)

Also yes I do recommend a BBT, you can find them for like $10 at walgreens or $14 at walmart...........much more accurate then a regular digital thermometer IMO!

Giver222
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I appreciate all your feedback !! I did purchase the Taking charge of your fertility ! Just started reading it ! I bought the thermometer yesterday too !! :) Thanks :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)