Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fibroids

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi, I'm Tosha. I'm new to the group. I have six children and I just recently left my husband after 9 years. Please don't judge me but I've been in another relationship for 2 years and he doesn't have kids so I want 1 baby with my bf. My last pregnancy my ultrasound showed fibroids on my uterus. Since July, I have been having random cramping. I thought for sure I was pregnant because I was having every symptom under the sun but nothing. Here lately, I have been having leg pain, back pain, stomach cramps and tenderness. I really think these fibroids are getting worse and causing me to not get pregnant. On top of this, my doctor did a sperm count on my boyfriend and there was a lot of dead sperm. Doctor is thinking it's because he is a diesel mechanic. I'm completely torn. Any help?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama2gg
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Not much help to give

Your bf and you will need iui or ivf if he has very low sperm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You really need to keep up with the fibroids because my Grandmother and Aunt both had them. My Grandmothers spread from her uterus to her left ovary and she had to have a hysterectomy but not a complete. My Aunts on the other hand she let go for so long they were the size of grape fruits and she had to have a complete. If your df is having issues with his sperm an IUI might work but it may come down to doing IVF in order to have a baby. Really hope things go well for you both. Good luck

blueeyedangel1
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Im assuming iui isnt covered by insurance?
krunchykorn
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:56 AM
my mum has them and all the symptoms you have have. have you had a pap? my mum is currently going through it also with cervical cancer cells.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laurenandcobi
by Lauren on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this
When I miscarried last year they found a small fibroid in my womb, like I said that was last year and I'm now 8 weeks pregnant!! So I'm not sure about the fibroid stopping you from getting pregnant, its more than likely to be your bf's sperm count if its low :)
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Actually some do. My insurance covers 90% of an IUI. It wouldn't hurt to call them and ask.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured