Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Natural Way =)

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM
  • 16 Replies

The Hubby and I have decided to take the ALL NATURAL Approach.

He is very much fertile so that is not the issue.

I am now taking a Prenatal Vitamin, Magnesium and B6, which all three will boost my Progesterone levels.

So excited and staying possitive! Wish me Luck!

Baby Dust to all of you ladies

Hugs!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RubyMom0526
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM

What does the magnesium and b6 do

alliesaurus
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

goodluck! I think its a great idea to just let things happen naturally, if they can. The stress of worrying about testing LH and taking this and that really inhibits our ability to concieve!

HTremblay
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Magnesium: 

When you're pregnant, magnesium helps build and repair your body's tissues. A severe deficiency during pregnancy may lead to preeclampsia, poor fetal growth, and even infant mortality.

Magnesium and calcium work in combination: Magnesium relaxes muscles, while calcium stimulates muscles to contract. Research suggests that proper levels of magnesium during pregnancy can help keep the uterus from contracting prematurely.

Magnesium also helps build strong bones and teeth, regulates insulin and blood sugar levels, and helps certain enzymes function. Research indicates it may help control cholesterol and irregular heartbeats. Magnesium may also be helpful in reducing leg cramps.

Vitamin B6:

If I had to choose just one vitamin to take to help with my fertility, I'd choose vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is also known as pyridoxine, and is water soluble. It can be found in yeast, whole grains, legumes, liver, eggs, cereal, meat and fish.

Of course, all vitamins work together, and do well to keep a body healthy. However, vitamin B6 goes one step beyond--it helps with fertility. More than helping with fertility, it also helps with pms.

Helping with pms symptoms is just an added bonus of vitamin B6. Not only does it lengthen the luteal phase, but it helps with the depression that sometimes accompanies pms. Aside from the benefits of treating pms, vitamin B6's main role as a fertility vitamin is to treat the luteal phase defect.

A luteal phase defect is one cause of infertility, and is also one of the most easily treated. A luteal phase defect occurs when the luteal phase (the time from ovulation to menstruation) is less than 10 days. Ideally, it would be best if the luteal phase lasted 11-16 days. A luteal phase that is too short cannot maintain a pregnancy.If pregnancy occurs in a woman with LPD, the pregnancy can result in miscarriage. A luteal phase defect can be detected by charting your basal body temperatures. This may take a month or two to catch on and figure out, but is worth while in determining if there is indeed a luteal phase problem.

Quoting RubyMom0526:

What does the magnesium and b6 do

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I think all natural is the best way to go if you can at all. Much less stressful. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsjoy
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I swear by B6

HTremblay
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I have seen an improvement in my Cervical Mucus since I started taking the B6 and honestly I didn't think that is what it would do really.

How has the B6 helped you?

Quoting Hannahsjoy:

I swear by B6

Hannahsjoy
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I got pregnant in August using..but later miscarried in September

HTremblay
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I am very sorry for your loss hun.

*Hugs*

Quoting Hannahsjoy:

I got pregnant in August using..but later miscarried in September

grumpyboston
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I bought some the other day but think I bought wrong kind
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HTremblay
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:40 AM

B6?

Quoting grumpyboston:

I bought some the other day but think I bought wrong kind

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured