Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Ovulation question...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM
  • 13 Replies
Ok so here's the thing my dh and I are ttc but I have no idea when I ovulate! I had a miscarriage in sept and we are trying again. My Obgyn said to try between days 10-16 of my cycle, yesterday was 10. Any truth to this or any advice? Thanks.
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuckermum
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:23 PM

charting your basal temp is great way to know , but for me its to much 

so we just baby dance on days 12-18 every other day

but many women experience ovulation cramping , cm but you want to be baby dancing before because by the time you notice you ovulate it could be to late

momtotwo08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Quoting nicole2884:

charting your basal temp is great way to know , but for me its to much 

so we just baby dance on days 12-18 every other day

but many women experience ovulation cramping , cm but you want to be baby dancing before because by the time you notice you ovulate it could be to late

Thanks, I've read about basal temp. I'm not "in sync" with my body like a lot of women I guess u just don't pay attention to changes in my body. I guess it's best to play it safe and just try at least every other day.
bry36
by Becky on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Best bet is to at least start with Ovulation tests then if still no luck temping is the very best way to determine O but I don't think if you haven't been TTC  without all the other stuff for awhile its completely important just depends on how much time and energy you wan tot invest right off the bat . I have been TTC for 19 cycles and honestly I get all stressed when I don't temp because I think my body knows and plays tricks on me LOL never seems like I O or can even get a Positive OPK when I haven't temped just not worth not knowing what going on to me .

CaGrider1992
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I have troublw with this as well. I am wondering when u start day 1, is it when u start your period or the last day of it? lol. I know this sounds silly but I have been wondering all day and just have to know. ttc

momtotwo08
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quoting CaGrider1992:

I have troublw with this as well. I am wondering when u start day 1, is it when u start your period or the last day of it? lol. I know this sounds silly but I have been wondering all day and just have to know. ttc

My dr told me that the day you start your period is day 1 and the days most women conceive are days 10-16. I've completely missed this month bc of dh work schedule. I had no idea either until I asked my dr lol.
Analeigh2012
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Every woman's body is different ... For example, my cycles are 32days long (+-3days), and my LP is 12 days. So I "O" each cycle between CD19-21. If I bd between CD10-16, I would not be timing correctly. The only way to know is for you to monitor and chart your cycles to see trends. The only way to know if you "O" is to temp. I start temping CD4 when I am still having AF, but close to end. Then I start OPKs on CD10. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davidnjonsmommy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

CD 1 is the day your flow starts.

Quoting CaGrider1992:

HTremblay
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Every women is difference. I bought a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility which has helped me extremely and it tells you the truths of fertility. It is a myth that the normal cycle is 28 days and you ovulate on day 14 or around there. I use fertilityfriend and that helps me chart my temps. Start temping every morning at the same time everyday and then go from there. :) Make sure if you do start temping buy a Basil Body Thermometer.

Hugs and good luck

CathyPowell
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I tried charting my temp before and it didn't work for me bc I go to the bathroom so many times at night it was changing my temps up... lol! 

Anyways, best luck I've had is to do the OPKs. Makes you nutty peeing on this stick everyday waiting for a line to appear positive, but at least then you know! Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN