Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC a boy! Shuttle's Method?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 38 Replies

Has anyone tried gender selection methods? I have 2 girls and my husband and I would like to try for a boy. I'm really nervous. I'm wondering if all this research I've found really works. The Chinese gender calendar, shuttles method, etc. Really curious! HELP!! 

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen282
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I read on it when we were ttc. The science makes sense. Idk. We didn't really follow it. I had a friend that did though and it didn't work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You can try but it really comes down to chance. There are so many things that have to happen just right to get pregnant, it is a miracle we even exist. Only ttc if you would be happy with either child. Also count your blessings if you can get pregnant at all. So many of us on the board are trying for years just to have one healthy baby of either gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yea I've read mixed reviews. :(

chatttn
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My mother swears by whatever method she used... of course it was back in the 1970s lol.  Anyway, she had me, and decided a couple of years later she wanted another child, but, she wanted a boy.  So she read some book (not sure what), and at least in her case it worked... my brother was born on my 2nd birthday.

I have heard that ovulation can have something to do with it as well... if you conceive as close to your exact ovulation day as possible,  it increases the chances of a boy.  If you conceive like the day after ovulation, the chances of a girl are higher.

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Well maybe this isn't the board for me. I didn't post for negative comments or to be told what blessings to count. My relationship with God is just that.. mine. I'm sorry for all who can't conceive or have been trying for a long time but that doesn't mean I deserve backlash for saying I'd like to have a boy.

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I've heard the same thing about trying as close to ovulation as possible. Funny story about your Mom. Glad it worked for her! Fingers crossed!

HW614
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

There's nothing wrong with prefering one gender, hun, don't feel bad. Obviously you'd be happy with either one that goes without saying.

My good friend had 2 girls then had 2 boys. For the boys she conceived using the same method...she waited 24 hours after her first +opk. Worked for her both times, can't hurt to try!

GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

HW614
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM

We will probably time as close to ovulation as possible this time too, just to see. We would love another girl, but of course a boy would be great as we have 2 girls already :)

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thanks!! I think I'll need to get the OPK's for sure. I'm just coming off of the pill but I don't think it will take long to ovulate. I came off for one month before and started ovulating immediately! Needless to say I told DH to use back-up. I wasn't quite ready then lol

Quoting HW614:

There's nothing wrong with prefering one gender, hun, don't feel bad. Obviously you'd be happy with either one that goes without saying.

My good friend had 2 girls then had 2 boys. For the boys she conceived using the same method...she waited 24 hours after her first +opk. Worked for her both times, can't hurt to try!

GL!

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my girls but the drama drives me nuts!!! lol We don't need anymore estrogen in this house!! I'm really ready for a little boy :) A mini dh would be too cute! Even though our dd is his twin!

Quoting HW614:

We will probably time as close to ovulation as possible this time too, just to see. We would love another girl, but of course a boy would be great as we have 2 girls already :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured