Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

so, do i count this as an AF? please help! so confused!! may be TMI for some

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
  • 5 Replies

Dec.3rd (11dpo) that night i had brown blood with a little pink blood. put a pad on thinking af was here. and 3 days early.

Dec. 4th wake up, brown blood, but also a tiny bit of red blood. nothing compared to a normal AF. about 1pm or so i start bleeding like a reg. period. this happens all the rest of the day.

Dec. 5th bleeding as slowed down some. by 5pm i pass a really big blood clot and all bleeding stops. i have had no bleeding the rest of the night. put a pad on just in case. 

Dec. 6th wake up and throw away a clean pad. no blood, no nothing. 

so i actually bled for about 28 hrs. right before i passed the blood clot the cramping was just crazy bad. but as soon as i passed it, like i said everything stopped. 

my cycles before kids 7 days. my cycles after kids 5 days. my cycle since loosing my daughter 4 days. 

i was doing some research online and alot of the times it says stress, pregnancy, fast weight loss or extreme excerise. im not stressed (not anymore than any other day. actually i have been to busy to be stressed and way to excited for christmas to get here for my kids!), im loosing weight, but nice and slow. im not doing any more excerise than i was before. i have taken so many hpts and all negitives except for one where some of you said there was a light line.

so should i count this as an AF? i already made an appt. to see my dr. not about this, just a check up, but im going to mention it. just wanted to see if any of you ladies had something like this. 

Wife to Donald for 5 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Jason 6, Alexis 4 1/2, Catelynn 2 1/2, Ethan 1 1/2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Every doc seems to say different things some say as soon as you see blood to count it as CD1 and others say first day is when you see red blood. When I was going through IVF as soon as I seen pink blood I called and they counted it as CD1. So if you go by that then CD1 was Dec 3rd for you.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:10 AM

When I know I am not ovulating regularly my OB said to count ANY blood that lasts more then 2 days as AF but when I do ovulate then I know CD1 isn't til I see a flow of red blood (more then panty liner bleeding)!

Do you know without a doubt that you ovulated? If so, then I wouldn't count it as AF, if you have ANY doubt you ovulated then possibly!

Sorry i have no definite answer hun! GL

michellej428
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I have no idea but here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvbeinamommy68
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM

well im almost certain i did on thanksgiving. i had ewcm and O pains. i dont temp or use opks. 

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

When I know I am not ovulating regularly my OB said to count ANY blood that lasts more then 2 days as AF but when I do ovulate then I know CD1 isn't til I see a flow of red blood (more then panty liner bleeding)!

Do you know without a doubt that you ovulated? If so, then I wouldn't count it as AF, if you have ANY doubt you ovulated then possibly!

Sorry i have no definite answer hun! GL

Wife to Donald for 5 yrs (Annver. 12/30) and mommy to 6!

Jason 6, Alexis 4 1/2, Catelynn 2 1/2, Ethan 1 1/2 and 2 angels. Baby Fletcher lost to MC 11/13/11 and Makayla lost to premature labor at 24 weeks 5 days 08/17/12 - 08/21/12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

You may have left my arms but you will never leave my heart! 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
Dani41780
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I would count it as a period.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)