Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Anyone know about cytotec?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM
  • 15 Replies
Has anyone had any experience with cytotec?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Anyone?
MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM
I was induced with cytotec. What would you like to know about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:46 AM
I'm first trimester but nothing in the gestational sac... Many many weeks of testing and ultrasounds confirm that there is nothing. So they gave me vaginal cytotec as I am not cramping or bleeding at all. Again many weeks and ultrasounds confirm that there is no baby, just a blighted ovum.

Basically just curious for stories and what I can expect.
terpmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM
See above... Forgot to quote

Quoting MommyAddie:

I was induced with cytotec. What would you like to know about it?

kmb801980
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:45 AM

they used this on my cervix to help "ripen" it for delivery.  They use a quarter of a pill at a time, at least at my hospital.  The pill was a hair bigger than the end of a thermometer (the end that goes in yer mouth).  They applied this to my cervix 2 times.  I had no side effects from it, but everything I read about it beforehand had me freaked out.  Needless to say, all their efforts to get me to have a natural delivery were moot, as I had an emergency c-section 20 hrs of labor later. :/

mwangi1989
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM
After my mc I bleed for close to two weeks nonstop this got me concerned so I went for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was out. They did a scan and apparently told me I still had a bit of left over tissue in my uterus. The Doc gave me cytotec (tablets) coz he said there was no need for a D & C. He told me that once I took the tablets I should make sure am near a toilet and not leave home and that I would experience some cramps which may be very painful in some cases after which whatever leftover tissue would fall out. I was so scared to take it coz I had already endured so much pain during my mc being that I miscarried at 20 weeks and had to go through the normal labour process. I took it the following day expecting the worse and apparently for me it dint work. Dint endure any pain or bleeding,nothing so I went back and they ended up doing the D&C instead. Was told it reacts differently to different people. Am so sorry for what you are going through.

Quoting terpmama:

I'm first trimester but nothing in the gestational sac... Many many weeks of testing and ultrasounds confirm that there is nothing. So they gave me vaginal cytotec as I am not cramping or bleeding at all. Again many weeks and ultrasounds confirm that there is no baby, just a blighted ovum.

terpmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Thanks! I'm actually ok emotionally because there was never anything there... Blighted ovum I believe it's called..

Quoting mwangi1989:

After my mc I bleed for close to two weeks nonstop this got me concerned so I went for an ultrasound just to make sure everything was out. They did a scan and apparently told me I still had a bit of left over tissue in my uterus. The Doc gave me cytotec (tablets) coz he said there was no need for a D & C. He told me that once I took the tablets I should make sure am near a toilet and not leave home and that I would experience some cramps which may be very painful in some cases after which whatever leftover tissue would fall out. I was so scared to take it coz I had already endured so much pain during my mc being that I miscarried at 20 weeks and had to go through the normal labour process. I took it the following day expecting the worse and apparently for me it dint work. Dint endure any pain or bleeding,nothing so I went back and they ended up doing the D&C instead. Was told it reacts differently to different people. Am so sorry for what you are going through.

Quoting terpmama:

terpmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 5:41 AM
Bump for late night mamas
grumpyboston
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:43 AM
Im sorry you are going thur this
terpmama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Thanks!

Quoting grumpyboston:

Im sorry you are going thur this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)