Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation pains that last for days and days?!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM
  • 9 Replies
So I've been noticing over the past few cycles that I usually get really mild ovulation pain the day before or day of ovulation. But the pain lasts for up to 7 days after ovulation and usually gets worse and seems to "spread" to encompass most of my side. Last cycle the pain was on the right and this time it's on the left. I've never been checked out for PCOS. I feel like this isn't normal... Advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tryin44
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

i have no idea, but that sounds sucky! i hope you feel better soon!

MrsMatthew
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM
It is sucky! It hurts to exercise or even walk! Thank you.

Quoting tryin44:

i have no idea, but that sounds sucky! i hope you feel better soon!

mandybimama
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:05 AM
I have no idea here's a bump
MrsMatthew
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Bump?
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Are your cycles regular and do you get period pains? I'd go check it out with the dr. It is probably normal O pain, but a confirmation from a dr will put you at ease. TTC is making me hypervigilant about my body signals. I keep thinking that something is wrong:)

MrsMatthew
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Yeah, my periods are pretty regular, 27-30 days. I occasionally have a longer cycle, 32/33 days, but nothing crazy. I get pretty bad cramps. I know what you mean about hyper vigilant. I notice everything!

Quoting charm2mama:

Are your cycles regular and do you get period pains? I'd go check it out with the dr. It is probably normal O pain, but a confirmation from a dr will put you at ease. TTC is making me hypervigilant about my body signals. I keep thinking that something is wrong:)

kmp333
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Do you have inconsistent/long cycles?  Anovulatory cycles?  reasons to believe you may have PCOS?  I do, and yes "o pain"- which isn't ovulation, it's cramping/pain bc of the cycsts. 

MrsMatthew
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM
They are pretty consistent, usually 27-30 days with the occasional 32/33 day cycle. I've only charted for two cycles, and they've both been ovulatory. I've always had ovulation signs (ewcm, etc) and the pain is only ever during and after ovulation

Quoting kmp333:

Do you have inconsistent/long cycles?  Anovulatory cycles?  reasons to believe you may have PCOS?  I do, and yes "o pain"- which isn't ovulation, it's cramping/pain bc of the cycsts. 

MrsMatthew
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)