Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heart Shaped Uterus

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a while, but I'm still in the beginning stages of testing with my doctor. I had my first ultra sound Monday, and was told that everything looks good and normal, besides my heart shapes uterus. My doctor didn't seem worried about it, she said it may just increase my chances of having a c-section when I get pregnant, but did not mention that it could be the cause of my infertility. My first treatment, Clomid, starts during my next cycle, which should be the beginning of January. I'm excited to try it and hope I have good results. (Waiting is the hardest part.)

But, when I got home from the doctors, I researched online about what a heart shaped uterus means, and nothing I have read sounds any good. So, I'm just wondering if anyone here with a heart shaped uterus might have any success with Clomid? After all the negative things I just read, I wanna hear some positive stories and thoughts, please! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I do not have one but have heard of it. Here is a bump for your post in case someone can help you. Good luck :)

Lady317
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I have heard of it before, I do not have experience with it but mine is retroverted.

jackieb2811
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:30 AM

BUMP!

mandybimama
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Ive heard of it but dont have any experience. Heres a bump

amc103
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:03 AM

I have one and Ive never had any problems with it in regards to fertility. I think it depends on how heartshaped it is. Some women almost have two uteruses. Mine is mild and usually, when I get pregnant, by 12 weeks the heart shape has gone away. I hope this gives you hope! Hang in there!

KJ786
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I'm so excited to try Clomid. I hope it works for me... I was kind of hoping the heart shaped uterus was the underlying problem of my infertility and that Clomid was the easy fix for it. But, we will see!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)