Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What exactly does progesterone cream do?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am supposed to start using it today and on through till the doc runs a blood test to see if I'm pregnant. He said AF won't come until I stop using it but I thought I have read here about some taking it to start AF. Confused.

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

BUMP!

over40bride
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Bump for an answer. :)

MrsLondon
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM

What does BUMP mean?

over40bride
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Quoting MrsLondon:

What does BUMP mean?

Bump up the post to the top so others will see it.

MrsLondon
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Ok that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure lol Thankx!

Lindyjf
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Bump! I want to know too!

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM

i need to know this

ajnreidsmama
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
After you ovulate your progesterone levels climb. Once they drop is when you get your period. It triggers the shedding of the uterine wall. If you are pregnant your progesterone level will not drop. It will continue to climb to sustain the pregnancy. I will be gettin progesterone injections from my doctor to supplement because my last son was born at 28 weeks so we are trying to prevent another premature birth. Until I get the injection I am using the cream 2 times a day just in case. Hope that helps.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
over40bride
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Quoting ajnreidsmama:

After you ovulate your progesterone levels climb. Once they drop is when you get your period. It triggers the shedding of the uterine wall. If you are pregnant your progesterone level will not drop. It will continue to climb to sustain the pregnancy. I will be gettin progesterone injections from my doctor to supplement because my last son was born at 28 weeks so we are trying to prevent another premature birth. Until I get the injection I am using the cream 2 times a day just in case. Hope that helps.

Thank you. So if my doc has me on the cream now would I keep taking it if I end up pregnant?

ajnreidsmama
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quoting over40bride:

Quoting ajnreidsmama:

Thank you. So if my doc has me on the cream now would I keep taking it if I end up pregnant?

Honestly I cant be sure. I am using it because of a previous premature birth. It will be up to your doctor based upon th reason he has you using it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)