• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun Fact #1

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

How do sperm know which side the egg is on?

If the egg gets fertilized in the fallopian tube, then how do the sperm know which tube to go to? Do half of 'em go one direction and the others go the other way or what? If I am ovulating on my left side and fall asleep on my right side after intercourse will the sperm be unable to get to the correct tube?

ANSWER:
They are actually chemically attracted to the egg by 'scent'. It is pretty amazing. Check out these article about it if you want to know more! Don't worry about sleeping on the side you ovulate from, nature takes care of reproduction.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years from my Family to Yours!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tryin44
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

hmmmm..i never thought about that!  thats pretty cool...never thought we had smelly eggs either  O_o

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

So what about women who conceive by having sex 2-3 days BEFORE ovulation.........do some sperm get lost then lol ;) ???

mattiehatter
by Mary on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Never would have thought sperm had noses either lol.

Quoting tryin44:

hmmmm..i never thought about that!  thats pretty cool...never thought we had smelly eggs either  O_o

ILuvMyTots
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:29 AM

I watched a video on Baby center about fertilization. and If i remember correctly, some do get lost.... strange yeah?

suhailin
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I've watch a video how sperm go to egg and become embrio. now i know that sperm also has nose and egg is smelly. this is interesting info. 

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:46 AM

BUMP!

kourtneya
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)