Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing words of encouragement

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

Will husband just heard the rest of his results from his SA. We just found out that he has 0% morphology. Meaning out of all the 32 million sperm he has none of them are good. I am waiting to get a call from my doctor today since they just sent over his results to her and waiting to hear what our next step needs to be. He started taking fertility blend for men today. I am so heartbroken because this just crushed him he is scared that he wont be able to give me babies. I'm not ready to give up all hope in trying to get pregnant naturally. There is just no way we can afford to do IVF that is just not an option. If any of you have encouraging words to help us through this or has/is going through something like this I would love to hear your story. I just do not want my biggest fear to come true about not being able to have babies with my husband. sad

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dizziestdream
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I'm so sorry!  There are treatments men can go through to help.  You two should talk with his doctor, as you planned, and see what she suggests.  It wouldn't hurt to google it either.  I'm sorry.  I haven't been through this, but a friend of mine has.  I remember he was getting testosterone shots for a while, but then they were having marital problems and trying for a baby went out the window.

MrsLondon
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:16 PM

So sorry to hear :( Do a little research on the supplements he can take. Fertiliaid, multi-vitamins, testosterone, etc. Idk if this will help but it's all I have :) After that, I don't if you're Christian but if you are pray on it. GL to you sweetie! Things will get better. Wish it into existence.

MiKaLa88
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM
I'm sorry the results weren't good. I have no experience in the situation. I hope you're able to figure out a treatment plan with the doctor. Hopefully the infection is causing it and once theinfection is cleared up all will be good! Thinking of you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JLCrunch
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Does your DH smoke or drink at all? Cutting back may improve your chances. Also, even if IVF does happen to be your only remaining option there's always financial options available such as clinical trials.

Also, I'm not sure if you're local to the US but check out clinicaltrials.gov, you may find something in your area with regards to male infertility.

Good luck.

alwayshopefull
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I am going to do more research. I hope the fertility blend he is taking helps in this area and i'm going to look into testosterone to see if that will help. I just never thought this would be an issue for us. He is only 28 and I'm 27. I am a Christian and I do place all of this in His hands and I pray to him that he will still bless us with a precious baby naturally. Just really scared and ready to talk with the doctor.

Quoting MrsLondon:

So sorry to hear :( Do a little research on the supplements he can take. Fertiliaid, multi-vitamins, testosterone, etc. Idk if this will help but it's all I have :) After that, I don't if you're Christian but if you are pray on it. GL to you sweetie! Things will get better. Wish it into existence.

alwayshopefull
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Thank you, I wouldnt think too many people would have experience with this. I really hope its an easy treatment plan that we can do to help this. Just ready to speak with the doctor and see what we need to do. Hopeing the infection has something to do with this also and it is an easy fix. Just never thought we would hear these results. Thank you for thinking of us!

Quoting MiKaLa88:

I'm sorry the results weren't good. I have no experience in the situation. I hope you're able to figure out a treatment plan with the doctor. Hopefully the infection is causing it and once theinfection is cleared up all will be good! Thinking of you.

alwayshopefull
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

He doesnt smoke at all and he drinks only every once in awhile. Thank you for more information on IVF. Just all i have ever wanted more than anything is be a mom and I really hope my chances arent sliming on that happening. Again, thank you for the information!

Quoting JLCrunch:

Does your DH smoke or drink at all? Cutting back may improve your chances. Also, even if IVF does happen to be your only remaining option there's always financial options available such as clinical trials.

Also, I'm not sure if you're local to the US but check out clinicaltrials.gov, you may find something in your area with regards to male infertility.

Good luck.

Lindyjf

I'm sorry. I hope you get some answers soon. Good luck! *hugs*

alwayshopefull

Thank you so much!

Quoting Lindyjf:

I'm sorry. I hope you get some answers soon. Good luck! *hugs*

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I've heard really good things about Maca root and Fertilaid
Also Zinc is supposed to be really good for sperm

I'm so sorry hon...but luckily men create sperm their entire lives so this can be fixed!! just because his sperm aren't great now they CAN BE!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)