Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this defective?! Or am I? Please help.

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok starting from the top is opk from cd 6-12. All the same. And today im on cd 20 (very bottom) and should be starting my period tomorrow (I have really short cycles). Is this normal? Is there possible something wrong with the test or me? We have been ttc for almost a year now just wondering whats wrong with me.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama2gg
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM

looks like you never got a LH surge which DOES NOT mean you Dont O opk DO NOT show O only a hormone change that you MAY O...you need to chart temps to make sure!

Haydensmommy261
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Quoting mama2gg:

looks like you never got a LH surge which DOES NOT mean you Dont O opk DO NOT show O only a hormone change that you MAY O...you need to chart temps to make sure!

But is having that much Lh all the time ok? All the test look on the verge of being positive.

mama2gg
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:01 PM

No , OPK should have a line all the time most women make LH there whole cycle

Quoting Haydensmommy261:

Quoting mama2gg:

But is having that much Lh all the time ok? All the test look on the verge of being positive.

ther is no such thing

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

yes all women have SOME LH in their systems at all times...so you'll always get a line

If your cycles are that short its possible that you get a surge really early...some ladies (myself included) get a positive and don't ovulate until 48+ hrs later....so if you ovulate on day...6 or 7 and have a 14day lp (that would make your 20 day cycle) you would have a surge (positive opk) on cd 4...probably during your period

Try starting opk's basically immediately once your period starts and I totally agree on temping...it will give you a much better idea of what is going on

Haydensmommy261
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Thanks for the help I was just getting worried my friends test fade to different colors but mine stays the same had me worried

Quoting mama2gg:

No , OPK should have a line all the time most women make LH there whole cycle

Quoting Haydensmommy261:

Quoting mama2gg:

ther is no such thing

Lindyjf
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Maybe you just missed your LH surge? I test at least 3 times a day, if not more. My LH surge doesn't last very long, so it's easy to miss. Also it seems to happen overnight for me. I usually get my first positive late at night and then another early the next day, then it fades. Good luck!

Lolaunscripted
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM
This, I completely agree with everything she said and looking at the tests I don't see an actual positive OPK on there because the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. You probably O when you're on your period so I'd definitely recommend peeing on OPKs while on AF. Good luck hun <3

Quoting kelly617:

yes all women have SOME LH in their systems at all times...so you'll always get a line

If your cycles are that short its possible that you get a surge really early...some ladies (myself included) get a positive and don't ovulate until 48+ hrs later....so if you ovulate on day...6 or 7 and have a 14day lp (that would make your 20 day cycle) you would have a surge (positive opk) on cd 4...probably during your period

Try starting opk's basically immediately once your period starts and I totally agree on temping...it will give you a much better idea of what is going on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)