• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy envy

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband and I have been ttc for about 8 months, I feel like everyone around me is getting pregnant except me! I'm happy for most of them, but I'm having a really really really hard time being happy for my new sister in law. Her and her boyfriend got pregnant literally as soon as she stopped taking her birth control. Now all she does is complain about how sick she is. Anyone else having a hard time being happy for someone else? Any thoughts on how to deal with major pregnancy envy?
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Laurajc06
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah, me, definitely. It seems like this past 17 cycles every time I get AF one of my friends or family members gets a BFP. I'm surrounded by pregnant women and babies...my sister had a baby last night!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them all but I'm envious of them all too :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I think it is really, really hard to not be jealous/envious/frustrated of other people who have what you want, and then make it sound like it is a huge burden, even though you would give everything to be in their shoes. 

It is really hard to stop, and honestly think about how the other party might feel, and that they are entitled to their own emotions and thoughts despite how it might impact you.

This might not be helpful, but I take time to be jealous/envious. I acknowledge the feelings, because in my opinion, it is totally okay to be annoyed/hurt/frustrated/jealous to me, it really just matters how you let it impact your life and relationships.  

MommyIsMyName.
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM
I think it's normal to feel a little envious when you are trying and someone else succeeds and you're still left waiting.

A friend of mine just let news out this past week that she is preggo. I try to, and honestly am happy for her...and I know I'd want her to feel happy for me if the situation was reversed. :)

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2kids306
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Prayers that all of you get your bfp soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I felt like that. After mine and SO loss last year we tried for 7 months and in that time sooo many people were getting pregnant and having babies and everywhere I went more babies and pregnant women! I finally threw in the towel before vacation in August and when we came back I got pregnant that month and got a bfp September 10th. It is hard but you have to just have that inner voice reminding you that it will happen. Just relax thinking about it makes the body more stressed.

I feel very grateful and no matter how sick or tired or whatever I am feeling I would never complain this is such a blessing I have twins already but I seriously thought having the Merina made me infertile and I would never be able to give SO his first child. Here I am though we are 18w1d today and loving every minute of it!

I wish you the very best!

EAzizM
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Sometimes i feel the same then i realize that it will only make me bitter. Our time will come.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kbornman21
by Kryistal on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:23 AM
I got pregnant on vacation in July. Then miscarried August, I really wish my periods had been regular because I turned 21 and drank my weight in alcohol because I was getting negatives.

Maybe another vacation needs to happen.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I felt like that. After mine and SO loss last year we tried for 7 months and in that time sooo many people were getting pregnant and having babies and everywhere I went more babies and pregnant women! I finally threw in the towel before vacation in August and when we came back I got pregnant that month and got a bfp September 10th. It is hard but you have to just have that inner voice reminding you that it will happen. Just relax thinking about it makes the body more stressed.

I feel very grateful and no matter how sick or tired or whatever I am feeling I would never complain this is such a blessing I have twins already but I seriously thought having the Merina made me infertile and I would never be able to give SO his first child. Here I am though we are 18w1d today and loving every minute of it!

I wish you the very best!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:25 AM
I feel the same way. I've never been able to get pregnant but I know pregnancy is rough. However, if you know someone is having issues ttc, you're a pretty rotten person for complaining to them about pregnancy. Find another support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethRae
by Bethany on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:51 AM
I agree. Morning sickness can be really hard and I understand complaining about it but she shouldn't be complaining to you.

Quoting storkneedsgps:

I feel the same way. I've never been able to get pregnant but I know pregnancy is rough. However, if you know someone is having issues ttc, you're a pretty rotten person for complaining to them about pregnancy. Find another support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nekoXfishie
by Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

i get it all the time, and it doesn't help that where i live you practically can't spit without hitting a pregnant woman, or a baby.(not that i would spit on pregnant women or babies)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)