Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lower back cramps

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM
  • 2 Replies
LOCATION Ovulation pain is felt on one side of the lower back, and can range from a slight twinge, to a more widespread pain throughout the lower back. It can last for a minute, or up to 24 hours. This pain is normal, and should not be cause for concern unless it is severe or lasts longer than 24 hours. In order to determine if you are experiencing ovulation pain, you can track your cycle or speak with your physician.

CAUSE Back pain during ovulation is caused by the ovary's release of an egg. The egg bursts through the ovary tissue, releasing follicular fluid and blood into the fallopian tube. While many women don't feel anything, some women feel this event as a slight twinge or pain in the lower back.The pain is usually felt on one side of the body, the side on which the ovary has released the egg. I learned something knew.I'm guessing I'm ovulating today instead of tomorrow because my lower back has been cramping all day and I seen a lot of ewcm.
Loving my kids and my husband like there's no tomorrow!
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I never have back pain with ovulation. I always hurt in my lower stomach where my ovaries are and a lot of other ladies on here do as well. I'm sure its like everything else everyone is different. Good luck this cycle :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I don't have back pain with ovulation either....I have it in the front closer to my hip bone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)