Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE: Did I ovulate early or is Clomid causing false + OPKs?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

Update 12/23/2012: I kept testing with OPKs just in case, and got clear positives in the AM and PM CD17 (Friday). Does this mean that I would ovulate either CD18 or 19? I'm guess that today (CD19) I'm 1 DPO. Is this right? I've had a super low cervix for 3 days. Had EWCM CD17 but then Creamy CM CD18 & CD19. I thought the EWCM would last longer? Anywho, DH is getting excited and had his hand on my stomach last night with a big ole smile on his face. Hopefully this was our lucky month! He did mention that whatever God's plans are is fine...even if it means trying for 10 years. I told him it'd be really funny if it took 10 years and then we had quadruplets :-O lol. Man oh man, I hope not!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took Clomid CD1-5 and tested OPKs starting CD7. Got positive lines on OPKs CD8 afternoon testing and CD9 9am testing. I figured those were lines from the Clomid itself, so I shrugged them off as negatives ;o)

Since then though, I've had no lines on OPKs besides the control, testing twice daily (9am and 4pm). I'm on CD16 now and wonder...could I of ovulated around CD9 or CD10? My OB said I could ovulate earlier with taking the Clomid so early in my cycle. But isn't that a bit TOO early???

A year ago, I took Clomid CD4-8 for 6 cycles straight and always ovulated CD18 or CD19. This is my first Clomid cycle this year. But like I said, this cycle I took it CD1-5

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:17 AM

When/if clomid is going to cause false + it would be within 48-72 hrs of your last pills, I dont think yours were clomid caused false + hun!

BTW-I started doing OPK the day of my last pills & in 4 rounds never had a false + they always started super super light & progressed! However I know sometimes with clomid/femara the LH surge can be far more intense/dramatic with little to no progression too! If you have other physical signs of being postO then i'd assume you did O around CD10, could always ask your OB for a progesterone test to confirm, being you are probably 6dpo today! 

When I did CD2-6 I Oed on CD17, when I did CD1-5 I Oed on CD20, when I did CD3-7 I didn't O at all & then when I did 100mg on CD1-5 I Oed on CD17! Everyone is different though, my Dr just told me 5-10 days after the last pills BUT mine took longer. If you did 1-5 & Oed on 10 thats 5 days which is perfectly within the 'norm'!

CathyPowell
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

When/if clomid is going to cause false + it would be within 48-72 hrs of your last pills, I dont think yours were clomid caused false + hun!

BTW-I started doing OPK the day of my last pills & in 4 rounds never had a false + they always started super super light & progressed! However I know sometimes with clomid/femara the LH surge can be far more intense/dramatic with little to no progression too! If you have other physical signs of being postO then i'd assume you did O around CD10, could always ask your OB for a progesterone test to confirm, being you are probably 6dpo today! 

When I did CD2-6 I Oed on CD17, when I did CD1-5 I Oed on CD20, when I did CD3-7 I didn't O at all & then when I did 100mg on CD1-5 I Oed on CD17! Everyone is different though, my Dr just told me 5-10 days after the last pills BUT mine took longer. If you did 1-5 & Oed on 10 thats 5 days which is perfectly within the 'norm'!

Wow, lots of helpful information! Thank you so much! If I'm 6DPO already, that's great for testing Christmas morning! I was going to wait until the 30th, but if I don't get anymore + OPKs then I'll go ahead and test. 

wkukid
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM

It's common to ovulate early on clomid. Normally I ovulated on day 17, on clomid I ovulated on day 11

CathyPowell
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Quoting wkukid:

It's common to ovulate early on clomid. Normally I ovulated on day 17, on clomid I ovulated on day 11

Wow, that is really early! I know without clomid, I have anywhere from a 42-59 day cycle, but not sure when of if I ovulate without the Clomid. I never kept track. :-S 

CathyPowell
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM

BUMP!

TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM
I ovulate late on clomid. Like CD22
When I took it days 2-6 I got a false positive OPK on days 8 & 9 and then they faded to negative until I got my true positives on cd20.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Oh...and BTW...Friday was CD17 for me, too :)
And I think I O'd yesterday. We might be cycle buddies. LOL
CathyPowell
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TheyAreMyLoves:

Oh...and BTW...Friday was CD17 for me, too :)
And I think I O'd yesterday. We might be cycle buddies. LOL

AND...hopefully BFP buddies!!!! pregnant belly

CathyPowell
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM
6DPO now and got EWCM today, but it was a greyish brownish color :/ No idea what this means, but I've started light cramping today too. Hopefully I'm freaking myself out and this is nothing....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)