Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so confused! i need advice (pics included!)

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I had a postive test day before yesterday, a faint bfp, then a faint bfp yesterday, and this morning the line is barely there. What do I do? I'm afraid of having another chemical. I'm afraid I am jumping the gun. Because unless I o'd early, which is possible because I stopped temping and using opks, the AF isn't due until 12/27. Anyway I'm going to post the pics below. Please let me know what you think. This is cycle 9 for us, and I was so excited yesterday thinking this was it. And then this mornings test is barely there irl. I don't know if it's because of all the liquid I drank or what...anyway thanks y'all!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkihight
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM

BUMP!

eesmommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Stop testing and wait till af is a week late. Stress isn't good for your body, women test way way way too early.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blessedisme3
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Hun, I can't see a line on any of them but that doesn't mean there aren't lines. I posted pics today and you could hardly tell there was a line! It takes about 48 hours for your hcg levels to double so wait until Saturday and test again.

I'm right there with ya. Mine are so faint I'm worried it'll end up being a chemical. Just keep faith :)

nikkihight
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM

in all my cycles, this is actually my first cycle to ever test this early. but thanks anyway. i'm sorry i'm hopeful that this cycle is different. it's just gotten harder every month to keep trying. i actually took the first test on a whim and was shocked to see a line. though i do appreciate your advice, i will definitely be testing again in a few days...

Quoting eesmommy:

Stop testing and wait till af is a week late. Stress isn't good for your body, women test way way way too early.

Dani41780
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I honestly do not know :( I'm sorry.

nikkihight
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Thank you so much, I'm trying so hard not to freak out. I got my hopes up. Thanks for the positive words, they help! I'll just keep hoping like every other month!

Quoting blessedisme3:

Hun, I can't see a line on any of them but that doesn't mean there aren't lines. I posted pics today and you could hardly tell there was a line! It takes about 48 hours for your hcg levels to double so wait until Saturday and test again.

I'm right there with ya. Mine are so faint I'm worried it'll end up being a chemical. Just keep faith :)

nikkihight
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks anyway!

Quoting Dani41780:

I honestly do not know :( I'm sorry.

eesmommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Okay then.... you asked, I gave my honest opinion.. I don't see a second line in any of them, I have found that quite often when testing early I have gotten indent lines, which give false hope. I believe, as do a lot of women that testing early isn't very wise because for some reason tests tend to give false lines. I understand the whole waiting game, 5 years and two MC doesn't leave me with much patience but I would rather wait and see than test and catch a chemical or get an indent. Do what you will, but if you ask then be open to suggestions.

Quoting nikkihight:

in all my cycles, this is actually my first cycle to ever test this early. but thanks anyway. i'm sorry i'm hopeful that this cycle is different. it's just gotten harder every month to keep trying. i actually took the first test on a whim and was shocked to see a line. though i do appreciate your advice, i will definitely be testing again in a few days...

Quoting eesmommy:

nikkihight
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM

ok i see your point. i take back my emotional bitchy response. i apologize. you gave good advice, and i wasn't willing to listen to that. i'm not usually like that, sorry!!! you definitely understand this journey and how hard it can be, so forgive my attitude please.

Quoting eesmommy:

Okay then.... you asked, I gave my honest opinion.. I don't see a second line in any of them, I have found that quite often when testing early I have gotten indent lines, which give false hope. I believe, as do a lot of women that testing early isn't very wise because for some reason tests tend to give false lines. I understand the whole waiting game, 5 years and two MC doesn't leave me with much patience but I would rather wait and see than test and catch a chemical or get an indent. Do what you will, but if you ask then be open to suggestions.

Quoting nikkihight:

Quoting eesmommy:

eesmommy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I got it, you are hormonal, and stressed and things come across catty. Just relax, seriously, if you are pregnant, and I hope with all my heart you are pregnant it won't be good for you or baby to have you stressing out over some silly tests... or going blind trying to read them;-) . Occupy yourself with something else, something that relaxes you. Bake some cookies, knit, twiddle your toes... I am waiting to ovulate, its driving me nuts, but I am baking cookies with my kiddos and texting a friend about nonsense stuff like Christmas plans etc. Hugs and prayers for a bfp :-)

Quoting nikkihight:

ok i see your point. i take back my emotional bitchy response. i apologize. you gave good advice, and i wasn't willing to listen to that. i'm not usually like that, sorry!!! you definitely understand this journey and how hard it can be, so forgive my attitude please.

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting nikkihight:

Quoting eesmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)