Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh crap admitted again... and

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this
im due 1-14-13 but doc called and said cuz my sugars keep dropping that they wanted me to come in so i did and they admitted me the plan is starting insulin tonight then something to rippen my cervix in the morning and hopefully by xmas a baby, plz understand its the best choice to make sure the baby will b alright and thats my only concern. i m currently 36 weeks 4 days and should b 37 weeks when baby arrives please wish us luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenmom530
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Fx'd for you.prayers everything goes well.

mama2gg
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Praying for you and baby I hope they have your due date right and baby isn't born at 34-35 weeks scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CathyPowell
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I had our dd at 36w5d and I was so upset when they told me they couldn't stop my labor. However, she was born healthy. All the NICU doctors looked her over and okay'd her staying in the regular baby nursery as long as we had her blood sugar checked before each feeding :) Good luck! Everything will be ok! 

Always_April
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM
yea they are freakin me out saying hes probably gonna b put in the nicu and i will have to go home without him cuz my sugars are so up and down, i understand they are trying to prepare us but come on not only m i stressing bout the lnd and just everything now i stress bout his sugars crashing and his lungs being under developed

Quoting CathyPowell:

I had our dd at 36w5d and I was so upset when they told me they couldn't stop my labor. However, she was born healthy. All the NICU doctors looked her over and okay'd her staying in the regular baby nursery as long as we had her blood sugar checked before each feeding :) Good luck! Everything will be ok! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

awww and Christmas baby! praying for a healthy delivery a baby. Can't wait for update and pics!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
ProudMama1125
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Good luck, Sweetheart! Prayers for a healthy baby and a quick, easy delivery! KUP =)

TTC2Long
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Best wishes to you and baby. Do what you have to to stay safe. How is the baby handling the glucose changes?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mdcountrygirl05
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Are you diabetic? What are your levels dropping too.
HW614
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:11 AM

My dd was born at 36 weeks, I was too dilated to stop labor. She was 100% perfect, and didn't go to the nicu at all. I'm sure at 37 weeks your baby will be just fine...even if he/she has to go in the nicu for while I'm sure it'll be short lived.

candicefield
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Some babies are fine and some aren't. Her glucose fluctuating so rapidly probably will cause underdeveloped lungs at birth. I know moms with GD typically have babies whose lungs develop later than normal . Chances are he will end up in the NICU because of it but baby may be better off coming out. I'm not for taking babies early but it might really just be in the babies best interest if her glucose levels are too wacky. Op- I'm sure baby will be fine but I would anticipate a nicu stay. I'm sure baby will be home within a few weeks.

Quoting HW614:

My dd was born at 36 weeks, I was too dilated to stop labor. She was 100% perfect, and didn't go to the nicu at all. I'm sure at 37 weeks your baby will be just fine...even if he/she has to go in the nicu for while I'm sure it'll be short lived.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)