Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Explaining the process??

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM
  • 35 Replies

So my mom and I were watching a show last night called '24' not even sure what its about but it was a marathon and after 5 or 6 back to back shows we got hooked lol

So in one episode a woman takes a PT and it comes up +. At that moment my mom says "You are too" looking at me! lol I can't seem to get her to understand how ovulation and pregnancy work for some reason. I know I am most definitely am not. Last time I DTD was on the 23rd, AF is due next week. Plus the fact that I was no where close to O. I have 33 day cycles and I am due for AF on the 4th or 5th so there is no way. She says I am, I say I'm not but we'll see next week. I have all the symptoms of PMS: Bloating (yesterday was bad), fatigue, headache and backache. IF I am I would be extremely suprised, then again she was the one who told me I was pregnant with my DS.....

My question is: Do you have a hard time explaining the process of pregnancy to some people or do they just "get" it?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3kidz123
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

My mom knew everytime me or my sister was! She ALWAYS just knows!!

gl

SexyDiva19
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

lol I guess mom's have that intuition huh? She told me a week before I found out with my son. I found out at the doctor's office the next week that I was 5 weeks pregnant

Quoting 3kidz123:

My mom knew everytime me or my sister was! She ALWAYS just knows!!

gl

MrsLondon
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Those are also pregnancy symptoms so maybe she's right! gl

SexyDiva19
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Yea I know but seeing as that I PCOS its highly unlikely that I'm pregnant plus its only been a week so this is most likely PMS symptoms then preggo symptoms

Quoting MrsLondon:

Those are also pregnancy symptoms so maybe she's right! gl

nicole2884
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Yes no one but dh an my bestie get it my parents just don't get it. My good friend who is like my mom assumed that if you produce follicals then you ovulate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Some people have no clue how ovulation and pregnancy work. I don't even try to explain it to some. lol

kelly617
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:59 PM

My mom knew I was...
I was talking to her on the phone (I was like 8wks) and we weren't even talking about pregnancy or anything (she didn't know we were trying) and suddenly she just blurts out "are you pregnant?"

I was like WTF? How did you know??

SexyDiva19
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM

lol Did you tell her or did you switch topics? lol

Quoting kelly617:

My mom knew I was...
I was talking to her on the phone (I was like 8wks) and we weren't even talking about pregnancy or anything (she didn't know we were trying) and suddenly she just blurts out "are you pregnant?"

rainbowbabe220
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:05 PM
I tried to explain it to dh cuz he insisted this baby was concieved a week after it was which it wasnt and it was like taljing to a wall... i also tried explaining to my beatie and her dh when she wanted to concieve it was alil difficult
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kelly617
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

It was so shocking so I just told her
I asked her how she knew and she was like "I dunno...just a feeling"
moms just KNOW!!! lol

Quoting SexyDiva19:

lol Did you tell her or did you switch topics? lol

Quoting kelly617:

My mom knew I was...

pregnant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN