Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Luteal Phase

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:16 AM
  • 18 Replies

So I guess the only way to figure out how long my LP is, is by  knowing when I Ovulate? Why does this have to be so difficult?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WOFFT
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 AM
Search me. :(

Lets see how easy it is: You can find out when you Ovulate through:

1. Temping and Charting: your waking time is dictated by an alarm, you have to temp first thing in the morning after getting about 4hrs of sleep and before you get out of bed.
2. Doing a 21day progesterone test or a folliculometry scan: You have to pay much if not covered by insurance.

3. Checking CM and CP: You need the 'finger of faith' CM not so reliable cos you can get EWCM twice in a cycle or not at all but still ovulate. CP: You need the 'finger of faith'

4. Even OPK's are not reliable because sometimes your body gears to Ovulate and OPK turns positive but then your body decides not to. Plus if you have PCOS then OPK's may not really work for you.

Dang! No its not easy. :)
Eshadowgirl
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 AM

Because God didnt make things easy for us women apparently

I know when I ovulate...I get trigger shots, so I can FEEL when i ovulate. Thats the freaky part...

kelly617
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Try temping...I started that a few months ago and was surprised at how short my lp was (only 7days) so I startd taking super B complex to lengthen it...it worked!

But actually got into a rythem taking my temp and it became part of my morning routine...maybe I'm weird but I actually liked putting my temp in and seeing my charts come together

ILuvMyTots
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:18 AM

ok this is "Kinda the beginning of a new cycle. hardly any blood flow. do I still count that as day 1 from yesterday)? and what about the nights I work graves? can I sleep for 3-4 hrs then take my temp?

ILuvMyTots
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:22 AM

when I wipe ther is barely anything  on the toilet paper or do I wait till its somewhat "saturated" or a med flow?

ILuvMyTots
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:50 AM

One more temp question for now.......one morning can I temp in my mouth, and another day in same cycle temp in underarm? Isleep with my mouth open a lot hehe gross

lbrummett
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Vaginal temping is the most accurate.

Quoting ILuvMyTots:

One more temp question for now.......one morning can I temp in my mouth, and another day in same cycle temp in underarm? Isleep with my mouth open a lot hehe gross

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charm2mama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:39 AM

cd1 is supposed to be the first day of full flow. Mine is always heavy in the begining so it is easy for me to figure it out, but I guess if your period is slow starting, i would take whatever day you are more than spotting to be cd1. Also, you should always use the same place to measure your temperature within a cycle. I usually take oral temp, but as lbrummett said, vaginal is more accurate. I'll have to get a second thermometer for that:)

mama2gg
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Only temping shows lp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ILuvMyTots
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Crap, its going to be difficult for me to temp accuratly, I work grave shift 2 days out of the week...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN