Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

temping

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have not been able to sleep and have been up for about an hour and I'm not sure I'll be able to goo back to sleep. How do I do my temps for today? Thx ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Bump
amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM
You skip today. There is no way it'd be accurate now unfortunately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM
What if I hadn't had anything to eat or drink before I took my temp? Idk and this is cd7 af left 2 days ago so I guess it doesn't even matter right

Quoting amy31308:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

You're supposed to temp after getting 4-6 hours of straight sleep, same exact time everyday. You temp before getting up out of bed, before talking, before drinking/eating, and before getting on your phone or computer. Literally, turn off your alarm and put the thermometer in your mouth :) If you didn't sleep last night then there is no way it'd be accurate, or if you've been up for an hour there is no way it'd be accurate, or if it's not the same time you temp daily it won't be accurate. 

Your chart should be fine with only missing one temp.

I didn't ever chart during AF and I'd sometimes miss a temp or two after that.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

What if I hadn't had anything to eat or drink before I took my temp? Idk and this is cd7 af left 2 days ago so I guess it doesn't even matter right

Quoting amy31308:

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

having a baby

momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Yeah I only tempthe entire time so that I stay in the habit ya know ;) oh, when did you start using opks to find out your o time

Quoting amy31308:

You're supposed to temp after getting 4-6 hours of straight sleep, same exact time everyday. You temp before getting up out of bed, before talking, before drinking/eating, and before getting on your phone or computer. Literally, turn off your alarm and put the thermometer in your mouth :) If you didn't sleep last night then there is no way it'd be accurate, or if you've been up for an hour there is no way it'd be accurate, or if it's not the same time you temp daily it won't be accurate. 

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting amy31308:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM

It's suggested to start OPKing on CD 10. But if you have a really short cycle you could start before or if you have a really long cycle you could start later. But 10 is a good place to start.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Yeah I only tempthe entire time so that I stay in the habit ya know ;) oh, when did you start using opks to find out your o time

Quoting amy31308:

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting amy31308:

The most wonderful thing I decided to do... was to share my life and heart with you.<3

having a baby

momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Awesome thx and congrats to u on your lil sticky bean ;)

Quoting amy31308:

It's suggested to start OPKing on CD 10. But if you have a really short cycle you could start before or if you have a really long cycle you could start later. But 10 is a good place to start.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting amy31308:

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting amy31308:

amy31308
by Ashlee on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Thank you!!

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Awesome thx and congrats to u on your lil sticky bean ;)

Quoting amy31308:

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting amy31308:

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting amy31308:

having a baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)